_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
A lot to answer for!
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 10:55 PM UTC
Hi all,

The Warship Forum has alot to answer for.

Until January 2006 my only ships were made over 20years ago and were lets just say not very good. Until now I have built Aircraft, Cars and Armour in that order of preference.

I joined the DDD campaign last year but did not complete due to a number of factors, I wanted to join the Dreadnoughts campaign but thought better of it as I was committed to making aircraft for my IPMS club display. I did join the Flattops campaign and here is the problem.

I 'am enjoying the build so much even with my first use of PE that my stash of ship keeps growing so much so that I have just brought the HMS Dido and HMS Renown from WEM, HMS Conqueror (WWI Battleship)from Combrig plus others from the mainstream plastic companies.

Thanks to all you salty and very helpfull folk I have become completely hooked on ships again.

Heres to you Skipper you have a new recruit on the salty side of the site.

Ciao
Luciano
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 05:30 PM UTC
Hi Luciano

I accept the full responsability on this one :-)
It's true but fear not - you are not the only one!

If you remember the members that were around when DDD started and see how many are now...

I can't think of a better way of making Garry Beebe proud!

BTW, see the new Maiale that Italeri is releasing or go for the Model Victoria one (which is excellent!!)

The Culprit:
Skipper

;)
 _GOTOTOP