_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
"New" DML ships at Nurnberg
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 11:34 PM UTC
Somebody posted this link over on the General Modeling forum about the Nurnberg "Toy" show. http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2006/Nuernberg_2006.html I noticed a couple items from DML that I hadn't seen mentioned before.

1/700 Arizona, with hull (premium edition)
I guess this is the one with the PE set but with a full hull instead of a waterline version.

1/700 Atlanta Class Cruiser (premium edition)
This one excites me. I've always liked the Atlantas and I'm guessing this kit will have PE in it.

1/700 Royal Navy Type 4273 (Premuim edition)
Another kit with PE?

1/700 Independence (Premium edition)
This one would be VERY interesting, if it was a WWII CVL. It could also be the later Independence, so I'm not sure.

Finally the 1/700 Pennsyvania, BB-38. I would love to hope that this was a later war edition of the PA, but it's probably just the Arizona with new decals. Who knows though.

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Model Shipwrights: 171 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 12:00 AM UTC
In the coming releases from DML, anything which carries the PREMIUM label, indicates that it is a re-issue with some new parts (PE, New weapon sets in the case of their figure sets etc.) . Not IMHO a bad idea, there are some excellent kits which just need a few 'tweaks' here and there.....Jim
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
Model Shipwrights: 16 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 12:29 AM UTC
Here is a picture of "kits" on display

Jim knows what is correct according Dragon, I already suspected something similar

cheers

Steffen
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 08:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not IMHO a bad idea, there are some excellent kits which just need a few 'tweaks' here and there.....Jim

I agree, as long as the price doesn't go up too much. I really like the Atlanta, and if the price for this freshened up kit with the PE is reasonable, I'll certainly pick her up.

_GOTOTOP