_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
  The New 1/350 USS Missouri PE Set from WEM
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Model Shipwrights: 171 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 12:39 PM UTC
Just posted, from John Snyder, is news about the imminent PE set for the U.S.S. Missouri in 1/350th scale.The full story of the new set can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 03:44 PM UTC
Hi Jim

Thanks for sharing
It's a great improvement for anyone building a USS Missouri or any of the class ships for the WWII period!

Skipper

PS: a little too late for you Tom, but you've done a great work with your Mighty Mo
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 04:13 PM UTC
Gotta agree with you, Rui, what an improvement!
Beautiful set, well done (as always ) WEM! Man, I could just IMAGINE what Toms Mo' would look like with this set!
Thanks for the news, Jim...
Gunny
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2006 - 01:56 AM UTC
I sent John a note earlier today and told him I wish the set had been available earlier. ACTUALLY most of what's in the set is available, but the problem is you have to order several different varieties of AM stuff, and then pick and choose as some manufacturers do a better job on one item than another.

Also, this set includes a LOT of stuff (float baskets for instance) that you'd previously need to purchase extra. This puts just about everything you'd want to get in one "kit".

Another thing I noticed was that there appeared to be several platforms included in the PE for various items, which I wound up scratch building from sheet material. The PE will no doubt be MUCH better not to mention a whole lot faster.

I'd certainly recommend this set for anyone interested in doing more than an OOB on the Iowa class.

(And as I told John in my note, NO, I'm not going to remove all my stuff and upgrade!! :-) :-) )

What WOULD be nice would be a peek at the instruction sheet!!!

Tom
 _GOTOTOP