_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
First general post in new forum...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Model Shipwrights: 267 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:38 AM UTC
Argg... okay having some weird forum issues. WIll probably have to take a look at this tomorrow sometime in terms of getting the older posts to synch up properly.

Is everyone else seeing the lack of avatar, etc on older topics??

I will also be coming up with an automated routine to move all of the topics from one group to a different forum.

Thanks,
Jim
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 03:21 PM UTC
Hello, Jim!
Fantastic, mate! This is certainly something to be very excited about now, isn't it?? To answer your question about lack of avatar, in some posts my avatar and A-Guard badge are appearing, but other members are the dreaded red x. In some the members are not even listed, just the post itself... Looking forward to seeing all of the upcoming changes, and anything that I may be able to help you with, please don't be afraid to ask.
Cheers!
Mark
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 04:20 PM UTC
Hi Jim

Yes there are some issues - but I guess this is only natural
Please check your mail

Skipper
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Model Shipwrights: 36 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 08:27 PM UTC
This will take a bit of getting used to.

But then again, being able to post pictures took a little getting used to... :-)
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 10:55 PM UTC
I've got one small suggestion. I like the idea of "port" instead of home, but since port can also mean left, and I've an idea that not all the folks here would lean to the left, perhaps you might want to change that to "home port?" You could also change "talk" to "signals bridge" and build to "dockyard." That is of course if you have enough space.

Oh, and since we've got a new site, maybe we could have a floaty thing emoticon? After all if Armorama is an "armor" site now, and Model Shipwrights for floaty guys, shouldn't we have a floaty guy emoticon, and dump that tank guy? I suggested this a couple years ago, and somebody was did a great job of designing a couple of emoticons. Wouldn't now be a good time to put them up? I know I have them somewhere, and I'll find them and show them to the mates here to see how they like it.

I just had to throw in my two cents, to rock the boat of course.

redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:10 PM UTC
Rodger I was thinking the same thing about the tank guy.
Plus getting some new emoticons could help living the place up.

Edit: Strange had to Edit it to readd the top line. Don’t know if its from a bug or just something I did.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've got one small suggestion. I like the idea of "port" instead of home, but since port can also mean left, and I've an idea that not all the folks here would lean to the left, perhaps you might want to change that to "home port?" You could also change "talk" to "signals bridge" and build to "dockyard." That is of course if you have enough space.

Oh, and since we've got a new site, maybe we could have a floaty thing emoticon? After all if Armorama is an "armor" site now, and Model Shipwrights for floaty guys, shouldn't we have a floaty guy emoticon, and dump that tank guy? I suggested this a couple years ago, and somebody was did a great job of designing a couple of emoticons. Wouldn't now be a good time to put them up? I know I have them somewhere, and I'll find them and show them to the mates here to see how they like it.

I just had to throw in my two cents, to rock the boat of course.

Excellent ideas Rodger, how about an alternate set of usernames that would allow us 'multi-users' the benefit of using something a bit more 'seafaring' than 'Clanky44'..... My alternate username could be 'Thunderer' or 'Conqueror' or 'Monitor'.

Frank
 _GOTOTOP