Topics on building dioramas are grouped here
azimut s - 100 schnellboot
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Model Shipwrights: 80 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 04:07 PM UTC
Just a little something I'm working on over in dios.
This will be added to a full A.A. quayside and VIIC u - boat.
Also a scratch built freighter at berth and a sunken one all in 1/35th.
Should take forever, l.o.l.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 04:48 PM UTC
Hi Cheyenne!
I just saw this post this morning over at the Dio forum , mate...should be a beauty when finished, keep us updated on your progress. Thanks for sharing!
~Gunny
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 10:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Should take forever, l.o.l.

Only if you want to have a life, you know, sleeping, eating, minor things like that.

Have you thought of maybe only scratching part of the freighter and sunken ship? Say have one wall of the dio being the side of the freigher, and onother wall being the upper works of the sunken ship? That way you'd only have to do minor scratch building. That could take a few years off it anyway.

cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Model Shipwrights: 80 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 03:39 AM UTC
Gunny, thanks man, Rodger, this originally started out as a single freighter at berth unlading a few PZ's in N. Africa in 1941 -43 [ location unknown for historical no argument zone reasons ]
This first came about after seeing the Venture of King Kong [ 2005 fame ] and wanting to model that tramp steamer in 1/35th. [ see my gallery " one that got through ".]
Then I added the schnellboot [ I had it so I might as well use it ] along with the full A.A. quayside and VIIC u-boot.
The sunken freighter idea came from some guy named Jack something or other ........ Oh yeah Jack Daniels that was his name, one night on the back patio.
So anyway, what I plan on doing is to do each section 2' x 8' - on 3/4 plywood " fingers ", as in say the u-boat and dock section, which will mate to the next one of the freighter and dock section etc.
Right now I'll be doing the kits and then throw them around for a rough lay out.
Thanks for lookin guys, - Cheyenne
 _GOTOTOP