_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
REVIEW
Ausfwerks Fenderbender
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 05:40 AM UTC
Check out a review of this latest tool from Ausfwerks, The Fenderbender!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

~Gunny
:)
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Model Shipwrights: 9 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 08:33 AM UTC
Nice review Mark, objective, honest, and fair. Hopefully everyone who reads it will be able to look at it in the same way.

Cheers,
Mike
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 04:02 PM UTC
Hi Mark

I spend a lot of time reading your review and I have to say that this is by far your best review ever!
Congratulations

You really make an exhaustive analisys of it without turning "boring" - You have made an excellent review of the Fenderbender - it will provide a good benchmark for the Ausfwerks guys!

Once again, congratulations and thank you for sharing it with us

Skipper
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 07:03 PM UTC
Thanks for the kind words, mates,and Rui, I'm quite humbled by your remarks particularly...it's comments like these that makes me feel really good about helping to promote this hobby that we all share in...
~Mark
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Model Shipwrights: 171 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 04:25 AM UTC
I'll echo Rui's words. Personally, with a lot of experience in reviewing, this is one of the most difficult subjects one could ever tackle. It's an incredibly complex thing explaining how a tool like this actually works. Mark has done a superb job in both explaining and assessing this product. On reflection, if I built more than one warship a century, I'd have no hesitation in investing in one as I really feel that it's an item of more value (correct me if i'm wrong) for the warship builder. Whatever, it's an impressively thoughtful and useful review...Jim
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 04:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll echo Rui's words. Personally, with a lot of experience in reviewing, this is one of the most difficult subjects one could ever tackle. It's an incredibly complex thing explaining how a tool like this actually works. Mark has done a superb job in both explaining and assessing this product. On reflection, if I built more than one warship a century, I'd have no hesitation in investing in one as I really feel that it's an item of more value (correct me if i'm wrong) for the warship builder. Whatever, it's an impressively thoughtful and useful review...Jim

Thanks Jim, I really do appreciate the kudo's, mate...and although the boy's at Ausfwerks originally designed and made this tool for bending PE armor fenders(hence the title!), I will agree with you that in shipbuilding, and scratching especially, this tool will be indispensable...although all phases and types of modeling will benefit from the fenderbender and it's abilities.
~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP