_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Aber
grimreaper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 417 posts
Model Shipwrights: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 07:56 AM UTC
Anybody know of a good source for Aber photoetch railings?
Someone with an instock inventory ... who doesn't have to special order everything.
Looking for 1/150th and 1/200th.
Thanks,
Gary
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2006 - 04:07 PM UTC
Hey Gary!
Your Query is not going unnoticed, Bro...
Sorry mate, I think that you've stumped us on this one...I've done some extensive searching, and outside of a company based in Russia, I haven't come up with much useful info...The site was totally in Cyrilic to boot!
I'll keep checking though!
~Gunny

grimreaper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2006 - 04:31 PM UTC
Mark,

Hey thanks for trying. I've been seaching likewise and have come up with "0". Alot of places seem to carrry Aber but primarily the Armor PE and only a few 1/350th or 1/700th railing and such. GreatModels does list most of the Aber products and will special order them for you which I have done that in the past. Usually takes approx. 3 weeks though.

I just bought the Revell-G Fishing Trawler and was looking at the possibility of making it into the tramp steamer Venture from King Kong, or smething similar. Aber has some 1/150th railing that would really improve the kit. I want to experiment with some weathering and that looked like the perfect subject.

Thanks again,
Gary
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2006 - 06:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mark,

Hey thanks for trying. I've been seaching likewise and have come up with "0". Alot of places seem to carrry Aber but primarily the Armor PE and only a few 1/350th or 1/700th railing and such. GreatModels does list most of the Aber products and will special order them for you which I have done that in the past. Usually takes approx. 3 weeks though.

No problemo, mate...definitely agree on that fact, Gary...Aber Armor PE is practically everywhere and mostly easily available...

Quoted Text

I just bought the Revell-G Fishing Trawler and was looking at the possibility of making it into the tramp steamer Venture from King Kong, or smething similar. Aber has some 1/150th railing that would really improve the kit. I want to experiment with some weathering and that looked like the perfect subject.

Thanks again,
Gary

Sounds like a cool project, Gary...keep us posted if you give it a go!
~Gunny
ws48
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Model Shipwrights: 15 posts
Posted: Friday, June 09, 2006 - 07:51 PM UTC
You might try hobbyeasy.com. They list 1/150 and 1/200 Aber railings for $17.47. They list most of the other Aber photo etch as well. I have ordered Lion Roar phote etch and so far have received complete shipments. It does take about 8 days shipping. Since Lion Roar and Hobby Easy are both in Hong Kong, the in stock status may be better than other manufacturers.
grimreaper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 03:10 AM UTC
Thanks Don,
Hobby Easy is one place I hadn't checked into.
I'll check them out.
Many thanks,
Gary
grimreaper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 03:15 AM UTC
Mark,
I went ahead and ordered the Aber 1/150th railings from GMWS and will keep you posted on the Trawler. I may push back and jump into it if the railing looks right. The kit railings are way out of scale and need to be scrapped. Other than that it's a pretty cool kit for as old as it is.
Bestregards,
Gary
 _GOTOTOP