_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Cruisers
Topics covering cruisers both past and present.
HMS Ajax
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 06:28 PM UTC
Does anyone know what color scheme the Ajax was was painted at the when she went toe to toe with the Graf Spee?

Kenny
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 08:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Does anyone know what color scheme the Ajax was was painted at the when she went toe to toe with the Graf Spee?

Kenny

IIRC, she was overall Light Gray, 507C
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 11:07 PM UTC
Thanks Martin

Kenny
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 409 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 12:12 PM UTC
I grew up in the town of Ajax in Canada...the town was called Dillville because in WW2 it was the site of Dilco...the largest munitions factory in the at the time free world..(before US entry to the war)....after the war a vote was taken to name the place AJAX. I grew up playing in the old bunkers they used on the proving grounds..I didnt know what they were at the time ..just thought they were cool.I lived for a brief time in the old officers barracks for the factory (they became apartment buildings)..They still have a model scrathcbuilt of th Ajax In City hall there ..its about 6 feet long. I work there so Ill try to remember to get a camera and take a pic of the model for you...by the way ...the town named its streets after crewmembers...I lived on Clark road...the main street is Harwood.
 _GOTOTOP