1/35 scratchbuilt Russian PT boat
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 02:50 PM UTC
Dear all,
After having cleared my chimney problem (thanks again to all those who guessed), I will drain the bandwith with a last batch of pictures of this project, before starting on the diorama base. There will also be a last mastic/sanding part when i'll have attach all the little bits of stuff that goes on the hull as well as a lot of riveting.
I will build the floatline details (bars and all) as well as the rear part of the hull at the same time which will no doubt better the mixing of water and ship.
If anybody finds a blatant omision, or something that is obviously wrong please tell! Also if anybody has got an idea of the look of the glass part of the searchlight (there should be some carvings on it?), please tell too.
the bizare bit at the bottom of my compass is the cellotape i used to fix the glass part to temprarily keep it away from the carpet monster.
So yeah, it's the diorama part now, which means i may destroy the whole in a polyester resin accident, so if you don't see any pictures in thge next 3 months, that means i swapped project

Thanks for viewing
JB
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 11:51 PM UTC
Hi JB!
Thank you for sharing this build with us thus far, mate, it is a VERY interesting one, to say the least! Please keep us posted as you go along, and I will be looking forward to further updates!
Keep Modeling!
~Gunny
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 07:58 PM UTC
Allô JB

It really looks good!
I have a suggestion about making the searchlight lens:
- Use clear evergreen for the big circle, than, with smaller and much thinner circles made of acetate (for instance) and using Clearfix (the glue the aircraft guys use to fix the canopys) fix them so that you will have the lens effect....

Hope this helps

Skipper
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 12:51 AM UTC
Hi Jean,

Seriously impressive work there sir. This is a really interesting build.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

She will look great when you get her finished.

Cheers

Al
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 12:20 PM UTC
thanks Rui for suggestion and Al for support! She will sure look a bit drown towards the end of the diorama but the worst fate for a ship is to be scrapped not to sink I suppose..
JB
 _GOTOTOP