_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Destroyers
This forum covers all types of destroyers from all eras.
NEWS
WEM Update! 1/350 Buckley PE
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 03:14 PM UTC
Here's news from White Ensign Models of an exciting new PE set for one of the new Trumpeter offerings!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 05:49 PM UTC
Thanks for the update Mark

Skipper
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Model Shipwrights: 134 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 06:05 AM UTC
I just got this !!!!
I pre-ordered it less than 10 days ago and it is already here !!!!

Very nice -- you get the usual rails, ladders, hatches, doors, radars, and other ship-py type things. You also get details for engance the 3"50's, fold-up 20mm, a pe quad 1.1, and nice depth charge launchers & rails to replace the overly thick kit one.

You also get, which is what interested me most, a conversion to the RN Captain class frigates. Different radars, rafts, details, and a 2-pdr bow chaser. Neat !!!

Now I'm not a ship expert so I don't know how either the Trumpeter DE or the WEM Detail checks out on accuracy & scale, but from what I know it looks as if the model & the detail should make a great combo.

I can't wait to start, but it'll be a couple months I know ... time to do some more research ...

John
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 03:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I just got this !!!!
I pre-ordered it less than 10 days ago and it is already here !!!!

Very nice -- you get the usual rails, ladders, hatches, doors, radars, and other ship-py type things. You also get details for engance the 3"50's, fold-up 20mm, a pe quad 1.1, and nice depth charge launchers & rails to replace the overly thick kit one.

You also get, which is what interested me most, a conversion to the RN Captain class frigates. Different radars, rafts, details, and a 2-pdr bow chaser. Neat !!!

Now I'm not a ship expert so I don't know how either the Trumpeter DE or the WEM Detail checks out on accuracy & scale, but from what I know it looks as if the model & the detail should make a great combo.

I can't wait to start, but it'll be a couple months I know ... time to do some more research ...

John

Great News, John!
Maybe we could persuade you to do a build review for both of these items, eh? We always need fresh and informative reviews and submissions for the site, mate!
~Gunny
jRatz
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 06:05 AM UTC
Gunny,

Re: Maybe we could persuade you to do a build review for both of these items, eh? We always need fresh and informative reviews and submissions for the site, mate!

As I said, it'll be a couple months till I start. I'll keep notes and if still of interest (ie someone hasn't already done it), then sure ...

I have to do some RN research, especially on camo schemes ... I'm leaning toward a Coastal Forces ship in the channel, with second choice, a Western Approaches scheme ...

John
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 03:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunny,

Re: Maybe we could persuade you to do a build review for both of these items, eh? We always need fresh and informative reviews and submissions for the site, mate!

As I said, it'll be a couple months till I start. I'll keep notes and if still of interest (ie someone hasn't already done it), then sure ...

I have to do some RN research, especially on camo schemes ... I'm leaning toward a Coastal Forces ship in the channel, with second choice, a Western Approaches scheme ...

John

Sounds good, my friend! We'll see what happens. . .
jRatz
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 05:59 AM UTC
Just a quick update -- seems the WEM PE set isn't complete if you want to do an RN Captain Class frigate. There is a second set, under their PRO series, that has the two RN Boats & 10 Carley floats in resin.

I didn't figure this out until I read their fine-print catalogue and then re-looked the last page of the instructions. I now have that on order also ...

Anyway, forewarned is forearmed for anyone else interested in this ...

John
 _GOTOTOP