_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Fishermans Net LOL, LOL
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 05:43 PM UTC
Greetings all,

Following on from my last entry about posting, here's an experiment I did this morning of a fishermans net for the top of the pier.

Looking at the picture I need a bit more 'net on top so I'll un-roll it and try again :-) :-) :-)

I put a figure beside it and I think the size is appropriate???

Fishermans Net or pile of junk???

Cheers

Al
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 06:02 PM UTC
well... it seems to be a net, but what is.. inside? Like that it seems to me it's a blanket, with bits of nets around? any other close up pic? otherwise the size sure looks good. Sure about the fluorescent orange may wests in 194-something?
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 06:14 PM UTC
Hi JB,

You're absolutely correct. They say a picture paints a 1000 words and if I hadn't taken it I would probably have left it to dry out.

Here's a re-rolled version - it still needs painted, the floats are just beads, but this version looks a bit more like the real thing I hope :-) :-)

I'll adjust the net a bit more to hide the stuffing

Talking floats, would these have been cork or would they have been painted during WW2 ??

Cheers

Al
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 08:18 PM UTC
ah, now it does look like nets
cork colour seems to be a good idea... As for the heap of net, maybe Google a bit as i know fishermen have some way of unroll their nets in order to repair them -it could also make up for some ground cover on the concrete
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 09:31 PM UTC
Hi JB,

Thanks for that, I think it will work OK, had to re-roll it for the 3rd time as the nets so fine it has no real strength and to cover the heap it needed re-set.

I think I have some alternative camo stuff somewhere. The pier will be quite busy with military traffic, but if I can find some more suitable material a net hanging up against the back wall to dry or being repaired by a lone fisherman might be a possibility. I've wanted to try the idea for a while but only got the beads this morning.

The girl in the shop looked at me in a very strange way :-) :-) :-) especially as I nearly bought some orange ones as well :-) :-) :-) :-).

Cheers

Al

Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 09:38 PM UTC
Hey Alan,

I can smell the fish from here. :-) That really looks great!

Later...Gator
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 01:57 AM UTC
Hi Kenny,

Ah dead fish and seagulls :-) :-) :-)

I'm quite pleased with it ,I think it will be OK once dry and painted, a nice space filler. The camo net wasn't that effective on a tank so I thought I'd try and use it for something.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP