_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Hulls for waterline ships?
Bravo21
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2003 - 09:46 PM UTC
I've been a tread-head for as long as I can remember (usually about 30 minutes on a good day) but I've always thought ships were ALMOST as cool as tanks. I picked up Tamiya's Prinz Eugen 1/700 waterline and thought it would look even better with a full hull. Is there an aftermarket company out there making resin hulls for waterline kits?

Thanks.
Dave
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:16 AM UTC
Hey Dave:

I am not absolutely sure about the the full attachment for the Prince Eugene, but classicwarships.com has a great deal of kits the sell waterline and full hull attachments. They may not have the Prices specific one but they can either point you in the right direction or tell you if there is one out there that can be used as a substitute.
ope this helps
Paul
Bravo21
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2003 - 10:10 PM UTC
Paul,

Thanks! I'll definitely check out that site. I've posted this question on 4 different sites and yours is the best lead yet (the only one, actually).

Dave

Caissons

warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 01:03 PM UTC
Dave:
If the classic warships site doesn't pan out there is two more i can think of off the top of my head they are
modelwarships.com (has links to the before mentioned and lots of others)
steelnavy.com ( has a lot of the same links as the previous mentioned plus some other different ones) good luck with the search hope this helps..
Paul
 _GOTOTOP