_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Internet Retailers. Whats up???
Stonewall
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 15 posts
Model Shipwrights: 12 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 09:00 PM UTC
One would think making a living on the internet requires the same level of customer service as your local shop. In the past few weeks I have placed orders with PDI out of the U.K and Models by Mickster. Both sites had various accessories for my 1/72 Type VII sub projects. PDI acknowledged reciept of the order and nothing since, 3 weeks and counting! Models by Mickster has some glowing endorsements on this site as well as others, but it's about 10 Days and counting, 2 emails sent, no reply's. He's updated his site in the meantime listing one of my ordered items as out of stock.
One would think standard customer service would require an aknowledgement of the order, reciept of payment and a shipping notification! Am I asking too much??? Mickster sends an invoice if your paying by credit card so at least I know the items have not even been billed.
So I sit with two subs on the go, one needs the PDI scopes etc but who knows where they are, the other goes in the water if I get the figures and decals I need, but so far that is a cyberspace black hole.
I'm not one of those modellers that requires next day service but is a little information too much to ask???
Mark
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 09:14 PM UTC
No, mate, standard rules of "customer service" still apply here, as far as I'm concerned. . .A great part of my occupation contains a large part of customer service, and truthfully, I give all vendors one week to respond to my orders, with some type of confirmation.
If nothing happens, then I start making phone calls. . .no number listed, well they're usually quite easy to find, my friend. I would give em a call, if you are having doubts.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 09:51 PM UTC
As an internet retailer myself (Gator's Paint Masks), when I receive an order, I give a thank you reply and will let the customer know when it will ship.
For instance, I received an order yesterday. I emailed the customer last night tell him thank you and that his order will ship Monday. I'll cut it out this weekend and ship it Monday priority mail. One bad experience will travel faster than ten good ones.

Gator
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2006 - 12:01 AM UTC
Hi Mark

I have only used one internet retailer Vince at Modelsforsale so my experience is limited.

I have received a very high recommendation about this company here at this forum.

I was not disappointed.

I tried them to obtain to first get the Airfix E Boat and currently the SMS Emden.

In my experience Vince is very prompt with confirmation of order details and replying to queries. Its all the same day responses and it is a good level of service. Granted some of the confirmations are generated by his e commerce shopping cart but they have the desired affect - reassurance and service.

I wish you all the best of luck for your transactions and hope they pan out for you.

Regards

Sean
 _GOTOTOP