_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Carpathia
squeeky1968
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 315 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 12:23 PM UTC
Hello Shipmates,
I have been building a the 1/350 scale model of the Titanic as a present for my wife,this has set me wondering if anyone out there does amodel of the Carpathia or California in this scale.
If the answer is no,could anyone point me in the right direction to scrachbuild these coz i would like to model all the ships involved in this historic tradegy.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 04:28 PM UTC
Hi Dann!

Hmmm, maybe you missed my reply to your previous thread, mate. ..

Lookie Here

In 1/350, Carpathia nor the Caifornian just hasn't been covered (yet? ). . .I'm afraid that you're jumping into a complete scratchbuild with this project, mate (albeit a very interesting one at that!).

The first thing that you're going to have to do is to find some ship plans of these vessels, and do a heap of research as well, if you want to scratch some accurate subjects in 1/350 scale...

We have a member here at MSW, his name is Al Ross, and he is a professional ship model builder, who also offers ship kit plans on his own website Here!
IMHO, if I were you, I would contact him via e-mail and see if he can steer you towards a couple sets of plans, and possibly some kits that you may be able to use for a conversion for your project.

I wish you luck, mate, and keep us posted on your project progress, which is quite interesting!
Keep Modeling,
~Gunny
squeeky1968
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 315 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 03:56 PM UTC
Hi Gunny,
Many thanks for the info,at least iknow where to start now.I`m afraid that a project of this magnitude will have to wait until after christmas now,what with the effort involved i`ll need to be able to concentrate 100% to get it right.
Cheers Mate,Squeeky 1968.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 05:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gunny,
Many thanks for the info,at least iknow where to start now.I`m afraid that a project of this magnitude will have to wait until after christmas now,what with the effort involved i`ll need to be able to concentrate 100% to get it right.
Cheers Mate,Squeeky 1968.

I do agree, Dan, as well!

Have you ever tried to scratchbuild an entire vessel before? Challenging, yes, but the rewards and personal accomplishments are magnificent. . .

I hope that you can succeed with this one, mate, it's a great subject, and very do-able, as long as you take your time, and do lots of research and planning along the way. Keep us informed of your thoughts as you go, and your progress, as this will make a very interesting future feature article for MSW, eh?

~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP