_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
Lionroar's 1945 Yukikaze Up Close!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 04:35 PM UTC
Ahoy, ye maties!
Here is a batch of new close-up images of Lionroar Model Arts Co.'s latest offering for 1:350, the upcoming "1945 Yukikaze (Hasegawa)"

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 06:05 PM UTC
Boy, Lion's Roar is really coming on. I believe this is the first time I have ever seen turned depth charges. I wish they would have a set like this for the Fletcher kits.

Gator
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 07:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Boy, Lion's Roar is really coming on. I believe this is the first time I have ever seen turned depth charges. I wish they would have a set like this for the Fletcher kits.

Gator

I hear ya, Gator!
This has got to be one of the most impressive looking upgrade sets that I've seen, I'm quite curious as to what the actual MSR will be. . .estimated at around $65.00 USD, which, IMHO is definitely reasonable for the size and content of this kit. . .
~Gunny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 09:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm quite curious as to what the actual MSR will be. . .estimated at around $65.00 USD, which, IMHO is definitely reasonable for the size and content of this kit. . .

Not knocking our good friends at WEM, but that would be a steal for a set that includes PE, turned brass and resin turrets! You would spend more than that for what's on the market today with no turned depth charges.

Gator
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 09:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I'm quite curious as to what the actual MSR will be. . .estimated at around $65.00 USD, which, IMHO is definitely reasonable for the size and content of this kit. . .

Not knocking our good friends at WEM, but that would be a steal for a set that includes PE, turned brass and resin turrets! You would spend more than that for what's on the market today with no turned depth charges.

Gator

Agreed upon whole heartedly, mate. . .I just found these listed at a Japanese wholesaler for a pre-order price at 6840 yen, which currently=58.9516 USD! A major steal!!!
~Gunny

_GOTOTOP