_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
siebel ferries
panther1121
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 68 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 01:17 AM UTC
can anyone give me any information were i can buy some plans for the german siebel ferries used used in ww2,preferably 1/72 scale but any would do,thank you in anticapation angus
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 04:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

can anyone give me any information were i can buy some plans for the german siebel ferries used used in ww2,preferably 1/72 scale but any would do,thank you in anticapation angus

Hello, mate, Welcome aboard!

Sounds like a very interesting project, and unfortunately, I myself can't help you on this one, but give it a bit of time here in the forums, and you may be pleasantly surprised!

In the meantime, how about telling us a bit about yourself, mate, your modeling interests, etc?. . .and we'd love to see some photos of your work too when you have a chance!

Keep Modeling!
~Gunny
panther1121
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 68 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 08:46 PM UTC
hi i mostly model armour and soft skins but my friend asked me to make a model of asiebel ferrie for his father as he was a pilot during the second world war and he actually sank one
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 03:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hi i mostly model armour and soft skins but my friend asked me to make a model of asiebel ferrie for his father as he was a pilot during the second world war and he actually sank one

Ahoy again, mate!

Armor and softskins, eh?
Better be careful, mate, shipbuilding is VERY contagious!!

But seriously, I myself like to build in ALL modeling genres, not just the floaty kind, for sure!! I have been looking around for any info that may help ya out, mate, but not very successful yet. . .not giving up, though!
Cheers,
~Gunny
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Model Shipwrights: 94 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 04:12 PM UTC
Most of the (very) little I know about the Siebel can be found in the links in this thread

Siebels and others

Hope at least some of it is useful.

David
 _GOTOTOP