_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
REVIEW
Type XXIII U-boat
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 08:52 PM UTC
Mark Smith (Gunny) brings us his inbox review of ICM Holding Type XXIII U-boat in 1/144 scale.
A nice and clean review.
Enjoy
Skipper

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 05:10 PM UTC
Thanks, Rui!
Nice edit job (as usual! )
This is a great little kit, with alot of potential, for sure! (Just take a look at Rui's and Pete's builds. . .beautiful!)

Cheers,
~Mark
PeteV
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 172 posts
Model Shipwrights: 162 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 01:48 PM UTC
Hi Shipmates,

Having built 4 of these models now I must say that Marks review is a fair accessment of the kit, I might have given a slightly higher rating but thats just because me and the kit are "Old Buddies" now.

Of the 4 kits I have made 3 of them required me to carry out modifications / conversions (My choice not the kits fault) and the one thing I really get on well with is the plastic that this kit is made from, it is on the soft side and lends itself well to drilling, bending and cutting, it also accepts filler well and sand nicely.

My only hope is that ICM will be encouraged by the sales of this their first Sub model and bring us more, maybe in different scales, if your reading this ICM what about some 1/72 scale mini subs, Seehund or Biber would be nice.

Good, Fair and well balanced review.

PeteV

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 03:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Shipmates,

Having built 4 of these models now I must say that Marks review is a fair accessment of the kit, I might have given a slightly higher rating but thats just because me and the kit are "Old Buddies" now.

Of the 4 kits I have made 3 of them required me to carry out modifications / conversions (My choice not the kits fault) and the one thing I really get on well with is the plastic that this kit is made from, it is on the soft side and lends itself well to drilling, bending and cutting, it also accepts filler well and sand nicely.

My only hope is that ICM will be encouraged by the sales of this their first Sub model and bring us more, maybe in different scales, if your reading this ICM what about some 1/72 scale mini subs, Seehund or Biber would be nice.

Good, Fair and well balanced review.

PeteV

Thanks for the kind words, Pete!

You and your "old buddies" help to prove my inbox findings, for sure. . .lots of potential, this little one has, and I too hope to see more like it from ICM Holding. . .time will tell!

Cheers,
~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP