_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
REVIEW
USS North Carolina BB-55
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2007 - 06:37 AM UTC
Kenny Loup (gator) brings us his inbox review of the latest Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS North Carolina BB-55 battleship.
Enjoy,
Skipper

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2007 - 03:49 PM UTC
Clean and solid inbox, mate. . .thanks for your time, energy, and efforts!

And isn't the new review layout fantastic? Much more reader friendly, IMHO, and a better overall appearance.

Keep Modeling!
~Gunny
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Model Shipwrights: 17 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 12:29 PM UTC
Excellent review Kenny! She's a bit out of my (Child-support-paying ) reach at this time, but (Realizing that my reply is close to a year old-hey, it's been a ROUGH year... )
I have close to 225 Full aspect & detail Pics of the "Showboat" as she sits today. If there's enough interest (like, anybody, I guess..) I can probably upload these to the site for general use. Even got some closeups of the spare Prop & some of the ammo & stowage. Oh, yeah, some interior shots of the Gun Directors, If anyone's nuts enough to get that deep into the details...
Anyway, Thought I'd offer, & If I get a nibble I'll commence w/ the uploading.
She's a fine Lady to this day, & I hope to see some scale manifestations to do her justice.
Clear skies & Following Seas,
LD.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 10:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Excellent review Kenny! She's a bit out of my (Child-support-paying ) reach at this time, but (Realizing that my reply is close to a year old-hey, it's been a ROUGH year... )
I have close to 225 Full aspect & detail Pics of the "Showboat" as she sits today. If there's enough interest (like, anybody, I guess..) I can probably upload these to the site for general use. Even got some closeups of the spare Prop & some of the ammo & stowage. Oh, yeah, some interior shots of the Gun Directors, If anyone's nuts enough to get that deep into the details...
Anyway, Thought I'd offer, & If I get a nibble I'll commence w/ the uploading.
She's a fine Lady to this day, & I hope to see some scale manifestations to do her justice.
Clear skies & Following Seas,
LD.

Aye, mate...check yer pm's...
 _GOTOTOP