_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Monday Morning SitRep
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 05:41 PM UTC
Ahoy mates!

We haven't done this in a while. Did anybody get a chance to steal away to the work bench this weekend? What did you get done?

I managed to get the base coat on the 1/700 North Carolina I'm building for IPMS/USA. Sweet little kit with a lot of detail. I'm hoping to get the camo started on her this week. You can read what I've done so far here:
lIPMS/USA

So, sound off mates. Don't be shy.

~Kenny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 06:02 PM UTC
Absolutely no bench time at all, mates...spent most of my free time writing articles and a couple reviews, but I did have a very good time at my LHS Saturday, fantastic sale on Trumpeter!
~Gunny
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 07:10 PM UTC
The only ship thing I worked on was to get a bit more done on my review for the Zuikaku.

I did manage to finish up a 1/73 cockpit for a Japanese Kate and get some paint on a 200mm figure.
Frigate
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 205 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 07:40 PM UTC
Shipmates,
Fortunately, I did manage to get a few things completed on my next DDD2 build. With the deadline fast approaching, I'm hoping to finish the U-84 in time. It is in 1/400th scale, Mirage kit.

The unique thing about this boat, is the fact it is like building a U-Boat with a rumble seat ! This was one of the first mods tried to add more AA firepower to the boats. We'll see how it comes out. See Ya, Bruce
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 07:54 PM UTC
Ahoy Kenny

Spent time on the IJN Isuzu its looking pretty good even if I do say so myself.

Setting up and checking subassemblies. Found some more little things to do darn I thought I had done them but thats ok.

Not far of from putting some paint on it.

I am aiming to get as much done before the end of the month so my bench/dockyard is clear for my Airfix E Boat and the start of the new campaign on 1 April.

The aim is two or more models finished for 2007. No mean feat for me. LOL

Regards

Sean
 _GOTOTOP