_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
Military Small Craft~Mosquito Fleet; 2 weeks!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 03:03 PM UTC
Ahoy Maties,
Two weeks and counting, for the official start of the next excting MSW campaign, The Military Small Craft~Mosquito Fleet Campaign!!!

This campaign is a broup build that is focusing on the PT style boat, mates, and if you are already signed up, do you have yer kit and reference resources ready?

And if not, well what the heck are ye waiting for? C'mon, sign up, and join in the fun with the rest of us salts and build a model with us!! It's alot of fun, you definitely will learn a few (maybe more ! ) things, and when we're done, youi get a really cool ribbon to display on yer profile page!

Take a look at the below link if you need more info on this campaign, and if ye got any other questions, post 'em here, or send me a pm or e-mail...

Mosquito Fleet

We've got 28 entrants rarin' to go, we could use alot more, so sign up today!!!
How 'bout sharing some details of what ye have planned to build with us, here in this thread? Yearggghhhhh!!!!!!
~Gunny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 05:07 PM UTC
Ahoy Gunny!

Waiting in drydock for me is the first torpedo boat, the CSS David. It's a beautiful 1/72 resin kit from Cottage Industries. For our crewmates outside the US, the David was the first of several torpedo boats built for the Confederate Navy in the War of Northern Aggression .

Kenny
redneck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 05:49 PM UTC
I’ve Got the kit and everything ready. I thing I’m going to try depicting her in the cold north Pacific.

However I’ll be starting my OIF dio first and will have to wait till I can start this one.
Frigate
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 205 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 08:04 PM UTC
Yo Gunny,
OK...... Having just finished the U-84, I'll be researching about for the next 2 weeks for the PT campaign. At present, it looks like I'll probably go with a British 70' MTB. It will probably be the WEM MTB-57. Needless to say, projects are always subject to change. But I like the looks of the "Channel Fighters", and theearly boats are normally not modeled, so it will be something different

Probably my biggest decision will be to model it full hull on keel blocks.....or waterlined and at speed at sea. How do you guys feel about these small boat displays ?

At any rate, I have no doubt we will have a successful campaign. So all ye landlubbers.....sign up now !!! Semper Fi ................................Bruce
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 08:32 PM UTC
Ahoy Bruce.

A MTB racing across the waves would look awesome!

Kenny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yo Gunny,
OK...... Having just finished the U-84, I'll be researching about for the next 2 weeks for the PT campaign. At present, it looks like I'll probably go with a British 70' MTB. It will probably be the WEM MTB-57. Needless to say, projects are always subject to change. But I like the looks of the "Channel Fighters", and theearly boats are normally not modeled, so it will be something different

Probably my biggest decision will be to model it full hull on keel blocks.....or waterlined and at speed at sea. How do you guys feel about these small boat displays ?

At any rate, I have no doubt we will have a successful campaign. So all ye landlubbers.....sign up now !!! Semper Fi ................................Bruce

Yo Bruce!
Thanks for the enthusiasm, mate, ooo-rahhh!!!
Listen up, as far as yer build goes, I love to see the vessels in action, or setting pretty on a wood base, my friend...it all depends on what you want to do! That's why I made this such a looong campaign, in case someone wants to go bloody nuts and do a full action dio, and need loads of build time...
~Gunny
Frigate
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 205 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 09:11 PM UTC
Shipmates,
Thanks for the comments. Gunny, I didn't realize the length of this campaign, now this could get really interesting. Several projects are now circulating around in my little pea-brain !

The idea of an action dio is suddenly very appealing. Ahhhh, Mate, you have a diabolical mind ! Back to the books !!!!

Semper Fi ...............................Bruce
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 11:13 PM UTC
Hi Mark

I say brother bring it on BRING IT ON.

LOL

I am doing the Airfix 1/72 E-Boat.

Just trying to desparately complete the IJN Izusu so the dockyard is empty.

Regards

Sean
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 11:17 PM UTC
Ahoy Bruce

Bow out cutting through the water.

Check out these shots it gets the adrenaline pumpimg IMHO.

Regards

Sean
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Model Shipwrights: 214 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 01:58 AM UTC
Oh yeah yeah yeah! My Vosper MTB is waiting to go.
tripko
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 39 posts
Model Shipwrights: 25 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 02:25 AM UTC
here it is my little ship.

cant wait to start work on it.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 05:39 PM UTC
Ahoy, mates!
Looks like we got a good start here, gents...thanks for sharing yer build plans, but what about the rest of ye? C'mon, sound off, let us know what yer plans are! Yearghhhh!!!
~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP