_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
Military Small Craft~Mosquito Fleet
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 03:38 PM UTC
Ahoy, Mates!

Tomorrow is April 1st, my friends, (and besides being April Fools Day ! ), here at Model Shipwrights, is the official start date for our next fantastic campaign, the Military Small Craft~Mosquito Fleet campaign, which of course, focuses on all PT type boats. Are you signed up yet? Well, why not? A campaign is a great way to help support your site, make new friends, learn something, and most of all, have alot of fun with your mates building models!

We currently have 29 entrants, with room for a whole lot more, so take a look at the official campaign page by following the link below. If you are signed up, are you ready to go full steam ahead?!? Do you have all of your references, photos, kit supplies, and accessories standing by at ready?

Take a few moments to look over the campaign rules and guidelines, and if it sounds like something that you would like to do, simply hit the "Enlist" button, and get busy!

And remember, folks, there is a special prize set aside in this campaign for the best model in the 16 and under category, so all you young shipwrights, take note! (Trust me, you won't be disappointed! )

So with that said, lets get ready to roll, mates!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,157 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 06:38 PM UTC
Ahoy Mark,

Well, just can't wait to start! Since I was unable to finish the U-35 for the DDD2
campaign, because of its complexity.....I really look forward to building a
Schnellboot. A lot more reference material is available both profiles and photos
so the project will a lot easier to handle. I chose the old AIRFIX E boat. It will
need so extra detailing and correction but nothing as complex as the U-35.

The U-35 conversion continues and will updated periodically. I would like to finish
for April 21 since I would like to enter it in an upcome show/contest in the USA.

Back to the Military Small Craft~Mosquito Fleet, this will be a very exciting
campaign and I am sure we will see many fine boats.

It is great to see a special prize for the 16 and under gang.....what a great way
to motivate this age group into building models in this era of electronic
video games.

I always tell mine: What have you got to show for the last 20 hours you have
spent in the virtual world compared to my 20 hours spent at the workbench?

And it is slowly catching on!

That is it for now,
Until tomorrow and waiting for the sound of the starter pistol!

Joe
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 09:08 PM UTC
I'm almost ready Mark. I'm looking for a couple of reference books on the David and I've got to finish up a couple of projects. I'm really looking forward to this campaign.

Kenny
tripko
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 39 posts
Model Shipwrights: 25 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 01:32 AM UTC
I am rdy, just need to go to shop to buy more glue i just see that i have little glue in bottle.
 _GOTOTOP