_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Hey Grumpyoldman?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2007 - 10:31 AM UTC
Hey Dave, have you been holding out on me? On the way home tonight the radio station was having a contest giving away tickets to a Star Trek convention. (gad I can't believe I actually went ot one once.) Anyway the guy who won said his name was Dave O'Meara. So are you driving around Colorado Springs and not telling me?
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2007 - 11:58 AM UTC
Not me.....
but here's a funny but true tail...
When I went to the hospital many years ago for my heart surgery, at the pre-check in they pulled up my name. Well I knew it would be there as I had back surgery at the same hospital about 5 years earlier.

When they pulled up my records, there were now TWO Dave OMearas' listed, myself, and another. Seems he lived a few towns away, was also coming in for surgery around the same date as me- not a heart job, forgot what for, they had to separate us by constantly checking the SS numbers and middle names on the arm bands. First time I was ever referred to as Mr. first-middle and last name while in the hospital. The other guy wasn't a relative as far as I know. There was also a traffic reporter in the area with the name of OMeara, again, not a relative that I know of.

When I was a kid, OMeara was a pretty uncommon name in my area, but I did a search on the Internet and it seems to have become another Jones or Smith over the years.
 _GOTOTOP