_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Monday Morning SitRep 5/7/07
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 05:19 PM UTC
Ahoy mates!

It's Monday morning!

Time for show and tell. What did you guys get accomplished over the weekend? After getting an electrical supply problem to the hobby room sorted out, I managed to get my 1/5 USAAF pilot completed and the cockpit done and the fuselage together for my 1/48 P-51A. I also did some research on a nifty little 1/25 scale AMT Chris Craft runabout I got at a show a couple of months ago.

So, sound off mates. Who's next?
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 05:39 PM UTC
After having completed a 37mm Hotchkiss naval gun last week, I attacked the '75 one, another French produced Russian gun, quite big this time, that was installed as main armament of most Russian PT boats in word war one, as well as a coastal defence gun and secondary weapon for cruisers. With a lot of issues as not one pic I found or was given shows exactly the same gun mount. Anyway, I still have the details to add those 2 following days and I post my finished work hopefully tomorrow evening
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 06:39 PM UTC
Didn't get a whole lot done this weekend. My wife's cheesecake business, the kind you eat not the kind you stare at, took me to a neighboring town all weekend. I did bring my model toolbox and got a little painting done on some figures I've been working on for various kits. I have to really turn up the speed as I've got a model convention in two weeks and I have a 1/2 dozen or more kits in progress I want to enter.

wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 07:11 PM UTC
Hey all,

My weekend was spent at work (nuc plant) I did get some putty work acomplished on my Arizona and also a little bit of PE put on the mast's. It's going slow on this ship but it is fun. Soon the Arizona will be on the back burner as the SOTQ ramps up. Today is a day off for me so we'll see what I can do with my free time (besides yardwork...LOL).

P.S. It's been a whole month since I've joined and I have enjoyed my time and look forward to many more months and so on as a model shipwright.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 07:31 PM UTC
Well Gator, spent most of Saturday AM with the cable guy, putting in a new high speed connection at home, then the balance of the day was spent messing with the three computer hookups tweaking everything just so...BUT, Sunday, got lots of work done on the Italeri LAV that's on my bench...'bout it for my weekend!
~Gunny
redneck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 09:22 PM UTC
Had a busy weekend and only got a little bit of work done on the OIF dio.
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 10:01 PM UTC
Hi Kenny

I was busy with kids sport but found some time to doa little work on my E Boat and reviewed the IJN Isuzu (again).

Breaking my usual rules with two on the go at once but it will resolve itself shortly.

Regards

Sean
Gunny
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 10:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

P.S. It's been a whole month since I've joined and I have enjoyed my time and look forward to many more months and so on as a model shipwright.

I like that statement, mate!
Looking forward to seeing you around, as well!
~Gunny
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 10:27 PM UTC
Hi Kenny,

Still going through my modelling draught
But I think that I have got the subject to solve it a Freightliner FLD120 as they say a change is as good as a rest.
Also added to my stash the Dragon 'Premium edition' USS Charles F. Adams which I will do as one of the Ausie options when the time comes.

Still waiting for the little Fairmile from WEM

Ciao
Luciano
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,157 posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 02:22 AM UTC
Did a little more work on the E-boat, had overlooked a small detail that I decided
to correct, based on some pics that were in a recently purchased book.

Redid the fins on the torpedoes as the kit ones are out of scale and add some
fins and stabilizer prop to the warhead.

Cheers,
Joe
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 04:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kenny,

Still going through my modelling draught
But I think that I have got the subject to solve it a Freightliner FLD120 as they say a change is as good as a rest.

A little change will always rekindle the fire, my friend. I've been mixing it up a bit lately too. I'm ready for my SOTQ entry now.
 _GOTOTOP