Scratch 1/35 Russian 75mm Canet 1892 navalgun
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 12:53 AM UTC
Dear all,
Here's my naval 75mm as mounted during the Russo-Japanese war as well as World War One on most Russian destroyers, PT boats and bigger boats as a second armament too. What's pretty cool when you model this era's Russian stuff is that in fact you model as much Russian as English French or American as the Russians bought their weapons everywhere.
Anyway, this gun was built under a French license apparently, and i found quite a few plans and was given pics too, the only problem is that they all show a different gun and different mount.
Finally I ended up finding corresponding pictures and plans -the pics being of a rusted ex laying abandoned on a Crimea beach. For the mount i also found corresponding pic (just one!) and plan, and still nothing about the second wheel on the pic.
Anyway, when I compare to my 100meg+ reference stuff, i have got some good reasons to believe that it's accurate
Except the sighting of course, which i didn't reproduced as i didn't have any understandable reference . No problem it's for my new diorama so i suppose the sighting will have mysteriously disapeared or something!
before the copyrights hounds come sniffing this thread, the last picture is supposed to be copyright free and shows a completely different 1892 Canet gun! with only the tube in common with my stuff.. so you can understand the difficulties, or so
thanks for viewing!

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 01:16 AM UTC
Bonjour, mon ami!

As always, mate, outstanding scratch-building work, Jean-Bernard, it's a real treat to have your talents here at MSW. . .I hope that you keep us in mind for a "Feature Article", and document this dio along the way, mate!
Keep the updates rolling in as you can!
Cheers,
~Gunny
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 627 posts
Model Shipwrights: 93 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 03:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear all,
Here's my naval 75mm as mounted during the Russo-Japanese war as well as World War One on most Russian destroyers, PT boats and bigger boats as a second armament too.

Wow, amazing work. Can't wait to see more...

Cheers, Gary
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 04:47 AM UTC
Awesome work JB.
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 11:57 AM UTC
More great work JB.

Ciao
Luciano
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 10:29 PM UTC
Thanks my friends for all the nice comments my next artillery bit should be the very huge 102mm mod 1912
PeteV
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 172 posts
Model Shipwrights: 162 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 02:20 AM UTC
Jean-Bernard,

Your latest work is just like my visit to to your wonderful country EXCELLENT!

Well done, I always look forward to seeing your work, now what we all want to see is the rest of the ship to go with it (LOL)

All the best

PeteV

Oh yes , how is the little fellow ,Pierre and your good wife Florence, well I hope.

Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Model Shipwrights: 79 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 10:31 AM UTC
I should have known when I saw the obscure title that this was one of your dio's, Jean-Bernard

Lovely work!! How do you find the time for modelling at the moment?!?

Rudi
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 12:40 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments Pete and Rudi
Actually doing this kind of scratchbuilding work -well there is no real difficulties for me except understanding the plans. That means that I can work 5 minutes, change the nappies, work 5 other minutes etc and then there is a lot of bank holidays in France in May.
Most of the work is actually cutting the evergreen at the good dimensions
The rest of the boat might well be under water this time!
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Model Shipwrights: 80 posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 04:05 PM UTC
Nicely done JB !!!!!, ok what do you have planned for under and around the gun ? More shipwork I hope.
Glenn
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 06:08 PM UTC
Thanks Glenn, well I don't really know yet what's going to be under the gun. I have got one idea, one "vision" which means for me colors and moods, but nothing much more.
I will have to stare at the walls for a few hours before coming up with something good enough

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 07:51 PM UTC
Hi jba,

Another interesting subject. Great work on the build. I'll look forward to watching this one develop. I have no dount the setting and the mood will be brilliant.

Al
 _GOTOTOP