_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
LINK
Yankee Modelworks Site
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 04:12 PM UTC
Ahoy Mates!
A quick shot over your bow this morning, with an announcement that Yankee Modelworks' official website is back up and running with full force!

Check it out Here!

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 06:19 PM UTC
Gunny,
Ty for the link but I was a little disappointed in there web site. I was checking out there detail stuff and none of it had the scales listed. I might call them later today and try to get some of my question answered.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 06:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunny,
Ty for the link but I was a little disappointed in there web site. I was checking out there detail stuff and none of it had the scales listed. I might call them later today and try to get some of my question answered.

The sit has been offline for quite some time now, Frank, it'll most likely be a short while before the site's back at 100%...but a phone call doesn't hurt mate!
They have great products, for sure!
~Gunny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 08:48 PM UTC
Thanks for the heads up Gunny.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 02:29 AM UTC
Howdy Gunny,

Many thx for pointing out Yankee's website resurrection. Always liked their offerings but never had a fat enough wallet and a fat enough desire at the same time.....

But perusing their site made me think of something...there's been quite the hub-bub lately about the overly massive Dora railgun in 1/35th scale over on the armour side of the site...has anybody checked out the U.S.S. Montana Class BB that Yankee offers...for $550 sheckles!?!

On that same note, does anybody know of anybody who has built this kit and has pics to prove it?....
Actually, to be honest {and I certainly mean no offense here}, at $550.00 for the kit, plus shipping, etc........that MASSIVE Dora is looking like a better deal all the time.............

Tread.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 05:00 AM UTC
Hey Tread!
I always enjoy your posts, mate...sheckles...yer too much!

Naw, none of my counterparts are near the monetary aire of this kit, my friend, so personally, I couldn't tell you what it's like, (but it would make one heck-of-a review specimen, wouldn't it? )
And I wouldn't mind tackling the Dora myself, as well!
Cheers,
~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP