_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Oh, what a day...
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 04:46 AM UTC
Actually, it started last night. Mrs. Gator informed me after letting the dogs in that we had a water leak in the back of the garage, the water heater. Well, after assessing the problem and trying a couple of quick fixes, I had to turn off the water to the water heater for the night.

Well, this morning I got to work, did everything I could get done and got my crew going. After the boss came to work (we work 4 - 10 hr days, they work 8 to 5), I asked the boss for the rest of the day off to go fix the water leak. I got home at about 9:45 and proceeded to dive into the problem. After working on where I thought the leak was for two hours (this has happened before), I found the actual leak.

Here's the offending pipe:

It took me all of 30 minutes to fix.
I don't like doing plumbing, but it's better than electrical work.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Model Shipwrights: 214 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 04:57 AM UTC
Has someone been shooting at your pipe Kenny?

I really hope that wasn't caused by mice.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 06:35 AM UTC
I hope your plumbing is more accessible than mine Kenny. We have a crawl space under the house, that really lives up to its name. I have to crawl on hands and knees over broken pieces of concrete to get to leaks. I've done it, but I'm a bit claustrophobic and it's sure not high on my list of things to do.

OTOH I spent a good deal of my day today crawling on hands and knees looking to rescue flying pieces from the carpet monster.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 07:13 AM UTC
Fortunately Rodger, this pipe is one the outside of the garage. There's no way I can get under my house to fix a pipe there. There's not enough room for this big gator.
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 06:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Has someone been shooting at your pipe Kenny?

Now don’t look at me. I haven’t been down that way in some time now.

Now that’s a nasty looking pipe.
Just think on the bright side. The other spot you worked at shouldn’t leak for awhile now ether.
I’m currently trying to put off fixing a leak myself.
MARPAT
Visit this Community
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 206 posts
Model Shipwrights: 101 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 12:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I really hope that wasn't caused by mice.

Man if that was i would be afraid of it. Forget mouse traps give me my shotgun ! My Dad owns a 1965 Mustang and we store it at our cottage garage due to my Dad working over seas. This summer I opened it up and to my horror they had got into the car . It was a mess. I took open the AC unit and out pops 5 mice I was and yelling for something to kill those little suckers with but they escaped and haven't been seen since... so who knows what happened maybe they moved in next door.
 _GOTOTOP