_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
Alangers NEW 1/72 Scale Type XXIII
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 04:14 PM UTC
News and Images of Alanger Models next highly interesting looking, submarine subject release in 1/72 scale, "U-Boat Type XX III,German Submarine WWII ".

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 05:16 PM UTC
Thanks Gunny,

I think thats one to add to my wish list, a full size (1/72) sub that won't take over the flat

Ciao
Luciano
dmnelson
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 05:53 PM UTC
Does anyone know if this is just a re-box of the Special Navy 1/72 Type XXIII that's been out for over a year? That's a nice kit, too. If it is a brand new kit, too bad they didn't work on a sub that hadn't already been done in 1/72 (Like a Type XXI!)
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 06:13 PM UTC
Gunny,

You must live on the web(LOL!), your the first to post the new stuff for us. Keep doing this stuff and you'll have me in sub's soon enough. The buldge at the bottom of the XXIII, under the torpedo tubes, what was that for? I know silly question but ground pounders have a need to know.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 06:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Gunny,

I think thats one to add to my wish list, a full size (1/72) sub that won't take over the flat

Ciao
Luciano

I hear ya mate...I really like the looks of this one, and as a fan of the type XXIII, it's gonna be on my "to build list", for sure!
~Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 06:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Does anyone know if this is just a re-box of the Special Navy 1/72 Type XXIII that's been out for over a year? That's a nice kit, too. If it is a brand new kit, too bad they didn't work on a sub that hadn't already been done in 1/72 (Like a Type XXI!)

I wondered the same thing as well, mate, but I don't think that it would be announced as a "New" kit at Nuremberg this year if it was just a re-box...as soon as I know more, I'll let y'all know!
~Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 06:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunny,

You must live on the web(LOL!), your the first to post the new stuff for us. Keep doing this stuff and you'll have me in sub's soon enough. The buldge at the bottom of the XXIII, under the torpedo tubes, what was that for? I know silly question but ground pounders have a need to know.

Well now, Frank, I guess that's what makes the difference between a good news reporter and ummmm....all the rest!

Naw, seriously, just part of the job, my friend...just part of the job!
~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP