Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Italeri 1/35 scale S-100 Schnellboot
tegunn
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 62 posts
Model Shipwrights: 60 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 05:23 AM UTC
Also you can tell the difference by the side of the Karlotte where it transitions to the deck. S-100 has a curved side and the S-38 armored have it squared like your picture..
tegunn
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 62 posts
Model Shipwrights: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 06:13 AM UTC
I don't know if you noticed on this site is a posting that Italeri has announced an S38 in the works
xrz100
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 193 posts
Model Shipwrights: 186 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:30 AM UTC
Hello Randal,

I noticed this on Monday this week, which is slowing me down a bit. 3D printing cost for the wheelhouse and the superstructure easily match the price of a complete model. To this end I wait for the model to become available and assess during the build the missing details or shortcomings for the model.

Further I started to decouple the parts of my S18 type boat and will offer undetailed parts in strong flexible (eg. kitchtenoof, superstructure and wheelhouse, Torpedotubes) while offering detailed parts set on the other hand. This should make the whole model more affordable and fun to build but it also takes some time for decoupling and designing the right mounts for the detailed parts.

But building such models newer be a sprint and the side shields and other parts can be reused for an S26 type boat user by my favorite 3rd Schneellbootflotille in the Mediterranean Sea.

Bis denne

Christian
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Model Shipwrights: 29 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 01:01 PM UTC
Hi All,
Please excuse this question if it has been asked / answered somewhere in the previous 57 pages, but as I can get any if the pictures from the 1st 15 pages to open, I was wondering if anyone had any photos of where all the bilge pump holes go in the hull??
Cheers Mike
xrz100
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 11:54 PM UTC
Sorry for the advertisement but shapeways is offering today 10% and no shipping cost for purchases over 25 €, for all Schnellboot fans ion 1:72 and 1:35 this should serve as a reminder.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/iron-models

Long mine rails with Track holders. LMB and TMB mines, targeting computer, smoke cans etc.

kind regards

Christian
xrz100
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 - 01:39 PM UTC
The S38 is available for purchase:

http://italeri.com/news_scheda.asp?idNews=738
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 - 10:41 PM UTC
Ahoy Christian

Thanks for the news on the S-38 what a great Christmas present.

Cheers

Sean
Removed by original poster on 11/28/17 - 17:51:49 (GMT).
xrz100
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 02:09 AM UTC
it really is seem like good details with some left overs from the previous S100 model but also enhancements. The rivets on the side and wheelhouse look great to me - Waiting for it to become available for preorder
Gotrek58
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 673 posts
Model Shipwrights: 386 posts
Posted: Friday, December 01, 2017 - 09:45 PM UTC
available for preorder here:

http://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Schiffsmodellbau/Schiffsmodelle_groesser_als_1350/Deutsch/Schnellboot_Typ_S38_mit_4_cm_Flak_28_Bofors__i210_62946_0.htm

Michael
gloucesternige
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 307 posts
Model Shipwrights: 17 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 07:48 PM UTC
If you're in the UK and you want a bargain.. try here https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/288025/

Not connected in any way, but it's where i got mine and the service was great!!
PCB5656
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2020 - 05:28 PM UTC
Let's see if anyone is still monitoring this post, it has been 3 years since the last post! I'm late to the party, but am presently working on S-100, and the 57 pages of discussions have been very valuable to me. Thanks for all of the good information, photos, drawings, etc. I have built the long mine rails that were visible on the 204 and 205 at the surrender of the boats. However, what kind of mines were carried and does anyone have a photo of one of the boats with the late war mines on them. I assume they were no longer using contact mines by then, but were probably using something like the TMB mine. if so, what happened to the little roller carts the mines were on, were they pushed overboard with the mines? And how many mines could these boats carry?

Thanks for the info.
PCB5656
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2020 - 05:45 PM UTC
I should also state that due to the age of most of the discussions that happened in the 2011 and 2012 time frame a lot of the links to photos and web pages are no longer active. I have what was discussed on the pages and the early 50's pages deal with mines, but references mainly don't work anymore. Again, thanks for any help to the latecomer.

Paul
xrz100
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 09:16 PM UTC
Hello Paul,
good to hear that you work on my favourite torpedo carrier. I also build the S100 with the long mine rails. The Kriegsmarine carried TMB and LMB mines on trollies. There are some plans for that by Robert Palmacci you know from those 51 pages, you can still order them from him. If you are looking for models, you might want to check out my parts I have on the S100 in Shapeways:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/iron-models?section=Schnellboot+type+S100+parts+in+1%2F35&s=0
As Shapeways is becoming more and more expensive, with decreasing level of detail, I started to have my own Resin Printer now installed. The link to the mines is below
https://www.shapeways.com/product/H6LN7ZRSF/kriegsmarine-lmb-sea-mine?optionId=58032706&li=marketplace
https://www.shapeways.com/product/E4M35XZ8R/tmb-s-sea-mine-1-35-scale?optionId=60057379&li=marketplace

kind regards

Christian
PCB5656
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 04:43 PM UTC
Thank you for responding Christian. I have ordered shapeways parts and have basically thrown them away as the level of detail is destroyed by all of the printing lines. I recently ordered the Lexington (CV-2) bridge and funnel from Model Monkey in resin and it's beautiful. So the point of this is if you can print them all in resin, that would be wonderful.

First off, the mines. How many did the boats carry? and did they carry spare torpedos, or were they deleted for weight reasons. And do you have a photo of a boat carying them?

The things i am interested in included the mines and the 8.6 cm RAG, Can you print anything from your shapeways catalog in resin?

Thanks for your response.
xrz100
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 05:58 PM UTC
Hello Paul, in total the boat carried 6 mines on their long mine rails, all covered with tarps.The extended 3,7 and rocket launcher as well as the mines i already printed some other stuff not yet, but should be possible. Throughout the years - while the private printer became more and more detailed, Shapeways on the other side decreased their level of details, which resulted in the fact that some part cannot be printed in the way designed.

kind regards

Christian
PCB5656
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2020 - 04:59 PM UTC
okay, I'd like to try two parts to see the quality before I place a full order. One of the mines and the RAG, both in 1/35 scale. How do I go about getting money to you since it's not through shapeways anymore. Thanks

Paul
xrz100
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 07:23 AM UTC
Hello Paul, good choice, the mine does not have many details the rocket launcher is different.

kind regards

Christian
PCB5656
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 04:56 PM UTC
How do I go about paying you and exchanging info though? As I understand it you're no longer connected with Shapeways. Is that correct?

If I'm pleased with the quality I will also pick up other parts, like smoke floats, spare 20mm mags, and a few other odds and ends.

Thanks again
Paul