_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Monday Morning SitRep ~ June 18
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 01:47 AM UTC
Ahoy mates!

I hope that all you dads out there had a great Father's Day. I certainly did. So, did any of you get some time at the bench? If so, what did you get done? Also, what did you get for Father's Day?

Sound off mates! Don't be shy.
~Gator
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 01:54 AM UTC
Gator,
Not much time at all at the bench,been working overtime as of late. Had a good fathers day, after I got home from work I got a home made card from my wife and kids. We then went to my wifes fathers place and saw him put a fly fishing lure through his ear...he's ok, had some micro brew (New Holland Brewerys "Mad Hatter") afterwards...all in all a good day.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 02:32 AM UTC
Great Fathers Day...bought my own gifts through Micro-Mark...

Bench time?...Nada...seems to be gettin' less and less too...
If we could only stop time, or invent a longer day...
~Gunny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 04:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...or invent a longer day...
~Gunny

NO! Then work will find a way to take their share!
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 05:39 AM UTC
homemade photoetch, enough to do 3 meters of a 1/35 Sokol destroyer
My kid is 7 weeks old, too early to get a father's day gift..

An order to Micromark? I have one sent 5 weeks ago, I am still waiting, I wonder if they are ever so slow..

Gunny
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 06:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

homemade photoetch, enough to do 3 meters of a 1/35 Sokol destroyer

Great looking fret, Jean-bernard...can't wait to see the model that it goes with

Quoted Text

My kid is 7 weeks old, too early to get a father's day gift..

Naw, never too young, mate... Shoot, this is your FIRST fathers day!

Quoted Text

An order to Micromark? I have one sent 5 weeks ago, I am still waiting, I wonder if they are ever so slow..

ya gotta remember, JB, I'm only about 700 miles from the Jersey shore where Micromark ships from...usually takes only about three days...
~Gunny

[[/quote]
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 06:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

ya gotta remember, JB, I'm only about 700 miles from the Jersey shore where Micromark ships from...usually takes only about three days...
~Gunny

eh eh sure, I should ask the same question in the appropriate Kitmaker place
as for father's day, yeah, it's never too early! i should have ask baby boy to limp to the hobby shop, poor kid
as for the sheet -You put the big gun on the pierced circle, the holed bars nearby are for the "wrap around" protections -otherwise you have several wheels to replace the ones I scratch built for the Canet 85mm gun I already presented, as well as attachs for rigging and some big wheel whose purpose I don't know about which is situated between the first and the second chimney

Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 06:31 AM UTC
No Modelling this weekend, but did go to a military vehicle show and picked up the book "Anatomy of the ship 'The aircraft carrier Victorious'" from one of the stalls trying to part me from my money.

Ciao
Luciano
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 09:01 AM UTC
Greetings all,

I haven't been around for a while now, various reasons. Been doing a lot of tanks and stuff but got back to some watery things this evening.

Finally made some decisions about the internal stuff on the first floor of the L/H so will press on and see what comes out.

I'll have to spend some time catching up on what folks are up to.

JBA, hope you're not getting too many sleepless nights?

Cheers

Al
redshirt
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 270 posts
Model Shipwrights: 154 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 10:30 AM UTC
I Ran out of .25mm rigging line. Where in Denver I will find more I do not know. The hunt begins....
redneck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 10:48 AM UTC
Got a bit of work done on my OIF dio.

But spent most of the weekend playing with these things.

Dang things ambushed me while I was groundhog hunting here at the house. I got 6 of them over the weekend and haven’t seen any more yet. So hopefully that’s all of them.

EDITED BY Skipper: Hi Jacob - just deleted the image - see your PM, please
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 01:00 PM UTC
Dang old polecats.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 03:50 PM UTC
As far as what I got for Father's Day I have my older daughter, the one with the job, trained well. A $30 gift certificate to Hobby Town. With that, and a $5 coupon I had I picked up the Academy M-10 Duckbill, which I have earmarked for a upcoming contest at our local IPMS chapter. The theme is Best Innards and since this kit has a full interior, along with engine, I'm going to make it for that.

Along the same line, monthly theme, I didn't work on a floaty thing, just a little something for our "Show Your Colors" racing theme.

I don't have any racing car models, and this will make a nice change of pace from olive drab on my shelf. I need to give it a wash or two, and some dry brushing, but other than that I'm actually ahead of schedule for a monthly theme contest.

RickHeinbaugh
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Model Shipwrights: 70 posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 06:19 PM UTC
Went over to the Pt Townsend, WA model show and contest (two hr drive + ferry ride from Seattle area) . Met a lot of old friends and saw a lot of terrific models. Went with my 6 yr old and my co-worker and his 9 yr old. Each of the kids won a blue ribbon in their sub-category and came home thoroughly jazzed. My friend didn't have a model to enter, but asked a lot of questions and got jazzed up a lot more about this modeling hobby.

I didn't finish any of my projects intended for the show so I dusted off the Constitution I finished a couple of months ago. It was the only sailing ship present, so the blue ribbon was a dropkick. People said they liked it, anyway. 1/1200 ships are fun to look at, when you get close enough to see them.

For Father's Day I got the Dremel tool that I printed out from the Home Depot website. Not sure what I need it for, but it seemed like I ought to have one, and heck, they asked what I wanted... Sure hope I don't hurt myself with it.

Now that those projects are off the front burner, I can get back to the SOTQ project.

Rick
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 06:48 AM UTC
I have most of the subassemblies done for my Ticonderoga missle cruiser, so I laid some paint down. Have the top cover dark grey on decks and sub assemblies and the red for the hull assembly. Gonna give it a few days to cure then go for the light grey for the upper hull and sides of the subassemblies. After that its time to lay the phot-etched railing and then actualy putting the ship together. Should have it done by 4th of July. Then probably a tank or two before I leap ito one of those DD's I recently bought.
MARPAT
Visit this Community
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 206 posts
Model Shipwrights: 101 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 11:22 AM UTC
Hey Guys,

To young to be a father, so no gift, but got a chance to start on my 1/72 flower class corvette. I forgot that they don't really sell Revell paint here in KIngston so I must figure out the paint conversions! I had a chart with the conversions went into the hobby store and low and behold I lost the chart somewhere. no I just have to find the chart all over again! really exciting weekend... Talk to you later
ehill015
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 04:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Along the same line, monthly theme, I didn't work on a floaty thing, just a little something for our "Show Your Colors" racing theme.
I don't have any racing car models, and this will make a nice change of pace from olive drab on my shelf.

I'd love to to see that on a raceway
 _GOTOTOP