_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Monday Morning SitRep - June 25
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 12:47 AM UTC
Ahoy mates!

Another Monday is upon us. What did y'all do this weekend? Did you get any bench time or was your weekend filled with honey-dos? Good, bad or so-so, sound off mates.

Mine was a honey-do weekend, between Mrs. Gator and Gunny. After cutting the grass at my house and my mother-in-law's in this wonderful Louisiana heat, I didn't have the energy to do anything else this weekend. I did manage to get some painting done on my 1/5 Lt. Kobayashi bust, but that was it.
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 12:55 AM UTC
Gator,

It's been a few years but I remember being in that heat at FT. Polk and I don't miss that at all. This weekend was part honey do and part work. On Friday we had a garage sale so that meant I had to sit outside and turn in to a sun burnt wildspear (wifey bought me some beer for my time so were even). Sat was spent at work (sunburn didn't help...lol). Sunday I did get some bench time, pieced together some depth charges for my S-100.

By the way my weekends are normally 3 days (Fri, sat, sun) but I only get those every other week.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 01:10 AM UTC
I have a buddy that works that kind of schedule. Mine is straight 4 ten hour days. I try to get all the honey-dos out on Friday that way I have Saturday and Sunday to play.
redshirt
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 270 posts
Model Shipwrights: 154 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 01:42 AM UTC
I am still waiting for my rigging line to come in- my first internet puchase. I must say I was disappointed with the sites I looked at. All I wanted was some thread, I expected to pay $2-4 for it but the lowest shipping and “handling” I could find was $12.50.

Other than that I did some rough drafting for a potential next project, the Sophie from scratch. A lot less rigging involved there!
Oh and I changed my avitar and signiture.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 01:53 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Some progress on the internal rooms in the Ligthhouse, updates in the thread.

Cheers

Al
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 06:42 AM UTC
Got some work done on my Grandfathers ship dio and started a 1/72 Jagdpanther.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 08:48 AM UTC
My Ticonderoga is reaching the finishing stages. Laid a lot of brass rails and stuff (stolen from leftover's of other kits). Fit isn't the best, but for $10 (minihobbies at a HL 1/2 price sale) I've had fun as I am not sweating the small stuff. Actually, at a distance the kit looks pretty good...up close and personal well .... my hand painted stripes are a wee bit crooked and gaps can be seen in a few spots.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 02:12 PM UTC
Unfortunately mine was a "honey do" weekend. Changed the oil on both cars, mowed the lawn, cleaned the backyard, planted grass in said yard, set up a flower bed. It's not always this busy, but with the change in weather SWMBO always seems to find more and more to do. I don't really get a rest until football season starts. Is it September yet?

MARPAT
Visit this Community
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 206 posts
Model Shipwrights: 101 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 03:04 AM UTC
Weekend was kept busy and involved little bit's of work. Went fishing came back worked on taping my corvette for painting. Sunday rolls around had to do lot's of work so no time to get anything done. Then Finally yesterday picked up the paint for the corvette ! but i am not to sure since they were supposed to be revell paint but I got a mix of modelmasters and humbrol I just hope they work otherwise lots of and . Well talk to yall later.
swingbowler
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 162 posts
Model Shipwrights: 32 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 03:49 AM UTC
not so much a honey do weekend for me, more like work! Played a concert on saturday night and did an extra rehearsal on sunday afternoon. that's a musician's life. managed to pop into the LHS after that though. so many new kits...so little money...
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 03:52 AM UTC
Well my weekend turned into a very long work day on Saturday (15hours) due to an emergency, then it ment catch up day on Sunday trying to do the things I would normaly have done on Saturday evening and Sunday.

So no chance to get near a model

Hopefully I can do some this week.

Ciao
Luciano
 _GOTOTOP