_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
Eduards NEW 1/72 Gato Floor Plates
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 03:50 AM UTC
Ahoy mates!
Take a look at these new photo-etch upgrades for Revells 1/72 scale Gato, part 1 of a three part update from Eduard!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 04:07 AM UTC
Hi Mark

Thanks for sharing it
It really improves the look of the deck - I wonder if in the next releases, Eduard will provide a set with diferent limber holes arrangement?
And the price is fair, too...

Oh my God, here we go on another AM rush ) )

Cheers,
Skipper
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 08:23 AM UTC
Gunny,

Pretty sharp looking. Seems you can have a sub almost all brass after you use all the availible PE. That Gato 1/72 would be a great kit for the people that like the big scales(me).
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 08:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunny,

Pretty sharp looking. Seems you can have a sub almost all brass after you use all the availible PE. That Gato 1/72 would be a great kit for the people that like the big scales(me).

Frank, Revells's 1/72 Gato is over 4 feet long, mate...a HUGE and quite beautiful model, my friend, and these A/M accessories will greatly enhance the accuracy, and the overall final look...if you're serious about a submarine model, and have the space, this sub's for you...
~Gunny
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 08:47 AM UTC
All this brass looks absolutly wonderful. I fell for it bad when I built my Type VII. The thing was, it really was not a BIG improvement over the detail the kit had. Without being a Cassadra here, but buy the kit and look real close at what the kit provides in the way of detail. There was a lot of cutting and stuff involved when I did the Type VII and if I had it to do all over again, I would have gone OOB becasue the amout of work done and the price for the parts just didn't justify it.
 _GOTOTOP