_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Good morning campers...
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2007 - 12:07 AM UTC
...It's Monday!

So, how was everyone's weekend? Were you able to steal away to the workbench and put some glue to plastic? Or, did you have honey-dos all weekend?

My wife and I ran around town Friday and Saturday getting things for Ian's birthday party this Saturday. I did manage to get some bench time Sunday to work on my swift boat for the riverine campaign.

Sound off guys.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2007 - 12:41 AM UTC
Hi Kenny

Published the Kilo MOD and Review and after that I got back to USS Cassin (the break time was good)!
Cheers,
Skipper
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2007 - 12:46 AM UTC
Honey dos again. My wife had a booth set up at a local car show, and I kept her company. I did get to see,and hear, some pretty nice cars ranging from the 1920s to 1970s. I also had to go under the house, NOT my favorite activity, to check the plumbing. It was so hot Saturday I just didn't have any energy to do much on Sun. Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to get back to plastic.

redshirt
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 270 posts
Model Shipwrights: 154 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2007 - 04:36 AM UTC
My order from tall ships arrived on Friday, with out the rigging line that I was out of.
I had e-mailed them earlier in the week to see what was going on. I was answered with an inaccurate and incomplete sentence, informing me that they had sat on my order for six days before shipping.

Saturday I went to a quilting specialty shop and purchased the closest that I could find and spent the rest of the day experimenting dyeing it. Sunday I got the foretop sail on its yard with all its blocks. Now to hoist it and thread its running rigging.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2007 - 05:53 AM UTC
Finally got the hull painted of the Vosper, gonna let itsit for a few days before tapngit off and applying the light grey....at the same time I,m going to spray the UH1D interior with the same color.

Did manage to getsome lawn mowing in as at the time we had had no rain for 48 hours. We are now at 4 days, though we did get some sprinkles yesterday. I don't know if you would even call that a trace.

Today plan to start respraying the crabgrass clusters as I have 2 models working but both on hold.
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2007 - 06:01 AM UTC
Got some bench time in. Finished and post mt S-100 build. Started my Vosper build by doing a rough cut out for a wood deck. I'm using some 1/64" birch from Hobby Lobby and backed it with some sheet plastic.

went to a open house on sat and my 4 yr old got his first kiss from a little blonde girl that was there.

Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 06:15 AM UTC
Hi Gator,

Results of my Sunday at the bench

This is the 1/350 Tamiya Fletcher class DD, all major items have been built but the ship can be taken apart back to deck level ready for paint.
Thought I would give this a go while I await my S-boats, etched railings will be the only addition.

Ciao
Luciano
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 06:17 AM UTC
Ciao Luciano

Have you decided on the camouflage scheme you're applying?
:) Though one there

Skipper
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 06:26 AM UTC
Hi Skipper,

I'm going to go for a measure 22 and use my airbrush for the very first time WEM paint is on the bench just waiting for the anti-fouling red to arrive.

Ciao
Luciano
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 06:49 AM UTC
Ciao Luciano

Good choice, and a good way of practicing with your new airbrush - and tamiya tape will do the trick for the hull colour separation

Keep us posted please
Skipper
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 07:01 AM UTC
Ahoy Kenny

I got some more benchtime on my Airfix S Boat.

Here is the rear deck with funnels

Regards

Sean
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 08:08 AM UTC
Hey Luciano, I picked up that kit on a 40% off sale at the local Hobby Lobby store. I was waiting on getting some Non spectackular (flat) sea blue (Testors MM) before cracking nto mine. Then as i was watching for the 3rd or fourth time the Battle off Samar (Taffy 3) and saw the heroics of the USS Johnston, I got the urge to build her . Quick referral to my reference material I got from Jef Herne showed that I had the round bridge and I needed a sqare Bridge. SO I 'll just pick another ship to model. Look forward o seeing yours completed. I might do that kit next after I finish up this Vosper mess and the UH1D for the Riverince campaign. Lord 2 many choices between tanks and ships....I'll probably build a plane or a car in the end
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 09:52 AM UTC
Hey Steve. The Heermann and the Hoel were square bridge too.
 _GOTOTOP