_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Good Monday morning MSW. Today is...
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 12:17 AM UTC
...July 23.
World of weather
If you're in the Lisbon area, it's mostly cloudy and 72. On the east coast in the western PA area, you're cloudy and 62. Wow! In the UK/London area, it is partly cloudy and 66.
Here at news central, it's overcast and 69.

Around the site:
Gunny has been busy posting a couple of new releases this morning, so check them out.
Looks like there is a Malaysian Naval group build on the radar, so you may want to see what that is all about.
Ed (Liberator), Alan and Gator have been busy with their respective builds. Why don't you click on over and give them a look.

Now it's time for you to show and tell. What did you do this weekend? More than likely Dave worked and that's why he's a Grumpy Old Man.
How about the rest of you guys? Did anyone work on their campaign build? We've got three going right now. Gunny's Military Small Craft Campaing, Sahariana's Riverine Campaign and Gator's Leyte Gulf Campaign, which only has three months left.

Sound off guys!
1.90E_31
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Model Shipwrights: 89 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 12:35 AM UTC
Hasegawa's going to release a 1/350 scale Nagato.

http://members.boardhost.com/Warship/msg/1185181293.html
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 01:44 AM UTC
Thanks for the heads up.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 01:46 AM UTC
Hi Kenny
Thanks for the weather report!
We still got the highest temperature in your report - just missing the sunny part

I have been working on my USS Cassin and almost got it ready for painting - photos asap!
I expect to finish the built part during this week
Thanks for asking

Skipper
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 04:32 AM UTC
Well I did some rearranging and finally have an official modeling place now. (Until the day the modeling rooms finished.)

Even have the computer and the [auto-censored]nal within reach of the modeling table.

Not much building got done. Just a little work on the 1/72 Jagdpanther and had to reattach some 20mm gun shields on the DE.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 05:05 AM UTC
Hi Kenny,

My updates are on site but I think you're the only one who looked over the weekend lol, lol.

Cheers

Al
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 06:26 AM UTC
Well no modelling to speak of but did go to the Historic Dockyard in Chatham, Kent, UK.

Took loads of photos see Here for some of the photos three other walk arounds to be put together from my visit.
Just a teaser.

Oh and I picked up the Alanger 1/48 Oakley class lifeboat.

Ciao
Luciano
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 08:02 AM UTC
Well it was briefly quite exciting to see that the Nagato was going to roll down the slipway this yar. Then I got a look at the whopping $190 prie tag. That is not going to sit too well with the model buying crowd. Though cheaper than a resin, it costs mre than the Nimitz and about 2x more than a lot of other BB kits.Hopefully they will knock it down to a respectable level when release time comes

ON the weekend progress. Well, I finished up that old Airfix Vosper finally and also the UH1D for the riverine campaign. I won't post any pix of it until I decide if there is anything further I want to do with it I have started on a dragon T-34/85 kit which is just flying down the race track. Also bought a 350 Italian Pola kit real cheap. Had a dent in hull, but when i put deck piece on it was hardly noticable. At $17 it'll be workable.

So far this year my kit purchases have been 2 tanks, 1 halftrack, 4 ships and 1 landing craft. My output has been 3 ship/boats, 1 sports car, a Hummer, a helo, and 3 tanks. And the next in line is an Italerie Medic jeep just to get the box out of the way as it was annoying me
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 11:19 AM UTC
Hi Luciano

Is that a scale model (1/3rd scale???) Alpha Soviet sub?
Just curious

Here's the photo of DD-372 USS Cassin for Leyte Gulf Campaign...

Cheers,
Skipper
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 01:01 PM UTC
Looking good Rui.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 03:31 PM UTC
Well this weekend it was in the 90s both days, and humid. The yuck factor was very high. I had to work half day both Friday and Saturday, and Friday I drove up to Denver to deliver a couple cakes for my wife. The rest of Saturday was Honey Do city, so no work. Sunday the only modeing done between projects, digging up a tree and hanging a ceiling fan, was sanding the hull of The Sullivans, and drooling over some reference material my friend loaned me. I'll post on my blog later this pm.

1/350 Nagato for $190? Hasegawa is getting as proud of their stuff as Tamiya is. IMHO they have to get their kits down closer to Trumpeter pricing if they hope to sell them, unless they have some really good extras thrown in.

Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 07:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Luciano

Is that a scale model (1/3rd scale???) Alpha Soviet sub?
Just curious

Cheers,
Skipper

Hi Skipper, the sub is a remote control model that was used in one of the James Bond 007 films, the exact film escapes me.

Your USS Cassin is looking nice.

Ciao
Luciano
 _GOTOTOP