_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
posting pictires
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 06:37 PM UTC
OK...there are a lot of us newbies here...many participating in the Great Ship Build of 2003. How do I post a picture of my baby when she's done. I have a digital camera that I unload into the My Documents file on my computer. All I know how to do is attach the chosen photo to an email. (i use AOL) I would like instructions (explain this to me like I'm a kid please) step by step on how I would go about doing this. I have viewed your instructions on how to post pictures and it was like greek to me. I have many other subjects I could share once I learn how to master this tehnique. I'm sure there is a proper place to post this, but I can find it easier here to monitor for advice.
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 12:28 AM UTC
Hey Blaster I am in the same boat you are. Was planning on trying to post some of the in progress hull today. If I figure it out I will tell ya what I did step by step and hopefully it give you some of the info you can use.
Paul
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Model Shipwrights: 27 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 12:42 AM UTC
Ola guys

If you have an MSN account then you can sign in with that on the Armorama.MSN site, link can be found here. When you are a member here you get 3 MB webspace to make a photoalbum. Here you can post pics. When you have made a photoalbum and you want to add pics you get a message that tells you that you have to download something. Click on yes and the rpogram downloads itself and puts it on your computer (harmless). With this small program you have the possibility to upload pics from your computer to your MSN Photoalbum. Here they can be viewed by other members of the Armorama.MSn community.

so far part 1 of the posting pics question

warlock0322
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 12:51 AM UTC
Faust:
Thanks for the info. I think even my mind can process that. . One other question though. If you have posted pictures on another MSN group site is there a way to import it to the one here on Armorama? Been trying but haven't cracked that nut yet.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 01:03 AM UTC
Now its time for part two

after you have uploaded your pics on MSN you open Armorama in a new browser window.
(double click on the Internet explorer button). go to the forums go to the subject folder where you want your post to be in (armor, warships, Aircraft) then start a new thread. type your text in the textfield. when you want an image in it you simply push the (img) button just right corner under your text field. you get a codestring. this code string is: [ img]http://put.url.here/image.file[/ img].
now go to your MSN folder that one still is open if you have done it right. if not open MSN in a new browser window. go to your own album and open it. go to the thumbnail of the picture that you want. click on it. now you get your picture but then enlarged.
click with right mouse button on the picture. choose properties. and then you get a window popup. in this popup you will see a Adress (somewhere in the middle of this popup) highlight this link with your mouse (make sure that you highlight down at MSN as the URL`s are quite long) and push CTRL+C (or: right click, copy)then go to armorama to your thread and highlight the "http://put.url.here/image.file" and CTRL V (or: right click, paste) with that you copy the whole MSN url between the brackets and when you submit your post you will see that the pics are working in the thread. I hope this is a little clear for you guys. If you have any questions let me know

FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:31 AM UTC
Oh by the way

With the method of posting pics in threads from the MSN site works also on pictures that are based on another site.
Let`s say you see a picture of a fantastic shipdio somewhere at www.reallyfantasticwarshipsonline.com (fake link) then right click on it choose properties, Copy the URL and paste it onto the codestring in your textfield for your thread/post

Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:57 AM UTC
One thing I'd like to add to Faust's excellent information is to emphisize the part about making sure you've got the enitre URL for the pictures. The first time I tried I thought I had it and it missed some of the URL. When you highlight the URL to copy and paste be sure to pull your mouse down to get all of the URL.

Other than that you shouldn't have any problems.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 03:04 AM UTC
Rodger

thanks for that addition. I described it but sadly due to my shortcomings in English not that clearly as I would.
Anyway thanks

warlock0322
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 03:45 AM UTC
Thanks for the info guys. I am printing it as I type. Due to the fact of my age, thinner fumes or combo of both
Once again thanks and will try it later today..
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 04:50 PM UTC
OK....how do you do it if you are on AOL. I don't have any money to spare to start an MSM account
warlock0322
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 07:18 PM UTC
Blaster:
You don't need any money to start the account. If you have the internet explorer. Access www.msn.com.Click the hotmail link, from it and sign up for the free hotmail account, for e-mail . Once that is done the name you use as your E-mail name will be your MSN sign in name. Then from the explorer access Armorama Group in the People and chat. It will be listed in the Groups links. The you can open a Photo Album and load the pictures there after you name it.
You may even be able to do this from AOL browser, but not really sure. The only thing that should cost you any money is if you either:
1: Sign up for msn:
2: Get the exrta storage space
Other than that it should all be free. I just helped someone sign up the other day and only cost him a cup of coffee that he offered me.
Hope this helps and hope I explained it clear enough for ya.
If you have a problem, maybe I could do it from here for ya, just pm me here and let me know if you need me to try for ya
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Model Shipwrights: 23 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2003 - 02:00 AM UTC
AOL does not allow images to be "loaned", so you'll have to either get them to be posted here or go another route

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2003 - 08:02 PM UTC
Thanks guys. I'll try it and if I run into problems I'll holler. I guess if it becomes too insurmountable i caould email the pics to someone and they could submit for me in a pinch. we'll cross that bridge when we come to it
KentVH
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 96 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 03:49 AM UTC
Im gonna try post a pic here i havent done it ever and want to see if i can

(This is just one of my refence photos)
KentVH
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 03:51 AM UTC
AMAZING!
I can do it! Im all set to go now.
If anyone is interested I'm using webshots for the image hosting (It's Free!)

Kent

KentVH
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 06:55 AM UTC
Why does your picture not show up anymore after a while?
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 08:46 AM UTC
Webshots does not support the linking of the pics in one strange way don`t know why

try the Armorama/MSN site to host your pics on the link to that can be found top right in the homepage

_GOTOTOP