_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
MSW Week In Review - Aug 10
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 04:10 AM UTC
Ahoy mates. It's a tropical 88 °F with a heat index of 108 °F. Time to stay inside and keep cool here at news central.

This week at Model Shipwrights we've seen some excellent models including:

Shaun Symonds' (muddyfields) wonderfully painted PT174

Luciano Satornetti (Littorio) shared another great photo walk-around from his visit to the Chatham Historic Dockyard. Take a look at his "HMS Cavalier"

And we also learned about the upcoming repairs to the
USS Constitution

Now, it's your turn to chime in. What do you have planned for the weekend? Are you hoping for some bench time are you busy with the last big fling before school starts?

Sound off mates!

~Gator
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 05:18 AM UTC
Hot?!...you reptiles are supposed ta like it hot, bro

Probably won't get much bench time in...yard work, and getting ready for a little R&R trip with the family next week...

Harry_at_BFM
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 594 posts
Model Shipwrights: 556 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 05:45 AM UTC
Mark, stop by and pick me up for that R&R.
I have to pour resin all weekend.

H.
redneck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 05:55 AM UTC
I don’t have a clue yet.
I may have the weekend off or I may be building a roof.
I hate the busy season. When’s the snow coming?
Plasticat
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 448 posts
Model Shipwrights: 135 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 06:04 AM UTC
My weekend is going to be taken up with getting everything ready for a week long trip to Hawaii. Going to my step-son's wedding and getting a little R&R while I'm there.
Will be snorkeling, going to Pearl Harbor(USS Arizona, USS Missouri and the submarine(the name escapes me), doing the submarine dive on a reef, a luau(sp?), the beaches. Haven't been there since I was about 8 years old or so and am looking forward to it.

Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 06:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hot?!...you reptiles are supposed ta like it hot, bro

Warm yes, fry an egg on the street, no.

Quoted Text

I have to pour resin all weekend.

I'm in for some R&R. I've swallowed so much saw dust carving two redwood signs that I feel like a termite. I'll bring the crawtaters.
Gunny
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 08:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have to pour resin all wekend.

H.

Fine with me H...we're not leaving til Wednesday night though...headin' up to the Great Lakes for a little boating, fishing and swimming...

Quoted Text

I'm in for some R&R. I've swallowed so much saw dust carving two redwood signs that I feel like a termite. I'll bring the crawtaters.

Ahh yes, my cajun brother...there's room fer you too...or maybe just enough for the crawtaters! (just kiddin...love to have ya both along...)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 09:12 AM UTC
Weekend expected weather for Dallas. Ground temp 101 -103 heat index bwn 113 nd 118. Not something I wish to beat anybody at. Football season is approaching and looked at LSU's weak schedule...seems the only challenging game is at Bama...no lights....no thunder-dome. We did a little better this year, in that we drew Georgia rather than Florida (Big deal). But we play Arkansas and LSU at home, which usually bodes well for us, and with the Tennessee super runner suspended...maybe the LSU- Bama game will be for some marbles this year.

OK plans.....looks like I'm going with the NC rather than the loco. So far looked at the Gator masks from Kenny and marked them for the build. Worked on trying to get the deck pieces evened out a bit so the connection lines will not be so noticable. I'll be using the Lionroar PE set with her, so this one is going to be time consuming....have to get back that bottle of Gator Glue from Keith....
Plan to hole up in the house all weekend and hide from the sun. Got 2 DVD's to watch and whatever shows up on TV....as well as beginning a new project.

My phone company screwed with me so I'm switching services, and they are throwing in high speed internet as well, so I'll be dropping AOL and switching over to ATT sometime soon. They said they have a system that will give everyone my change of internet address when it occurs. Don't know how it works, but I'll keep the same name just my @ will change
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 11:06 AM UTC
I've got to work tomorrow, voluntary overtime. (WHAT was I thinking! ) It's supposed to be 95 Sat, and 97 Sun. (I moved here for the cooler summers. Naturally the summers immediately started getting warmer. ) I might not have any outside honey dos, but I'll bet SWMBO will come up with some inside ones.

I can't wait until Wed, the Armorama Fantasy Football League has it's draft. Yeah man! Air Force starts with it's first new coach in some time on Sept 1, then the Broncos start Sept 9th. Gad I love fall!!!

My biggest plan is to try out Kenny's Gator Glue sometime. I can't wait.

Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 12:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Football season is approaching and looked at LSU's weak schedule...seems the only challenging game is at Bama...

Tiger Bait.

Phase one of the weekend completed - backyard is cut and it doesn't look like I just bailed hay! We're working on a six day drought, which is great. I will actually get to cut the grass without wading through mud and ankle high grass. I can actually see my min schnauzer and toy poodle in the backyard.
 _GOTOTOP