_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
Hasegawa's Nagato~MORE Images
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 08:12 AM UTC
Ahoy Mates!

Take a closer look at another batch of test shots of Hasegawa Models new 1/350 scale, IJN Nagato!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Model Shipwrights: 258 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 09:04 AM UTC
Looks very busy,very detailed.The price is steep but it looks like I will have to have this one,along with the Takao,and the San Francisco.I guess I will have to make more room on the shelves,and work some OT to get the funds.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 09:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks very busy,very detailed.The price is steep but it looks like I will have to have this one,along with the Takao,and the San Francisco.I guess I will have to make more room on the shelves,and work some OT to get the funds.

Agreed on all points, Anthony...I can only imagine just what the aftermarket gurus are going to be outting out for this one, as well!!
~Gunny
spector82
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 - 01:57 AM UTC
All I can say here is WOW! This one looks awesome and a must have. $180 is a bit steep, will be saving a few pennies for sure. Still no news on US websites on release dates however, is the November date a japanese release with US following in a month or so?
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 - 03:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

All I can say here is WOW! This one looks awesome and a must have. $180 is a bit steep, will be saving a few pennies for sure. Still no news on US websites on release dates however, is the November date a japanese release with US following in a month or so?

Hi Shawn!

180 bucks is quite steep, mate, and it is the MSR, but I'm sure that there will be some specials available from many outlets...and November is the announced release date for the model in Japan, as you have stated...
~Gunny
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 - 06:55 AM UTC
It seems the bar has been raised again. As to PE, oh I am quite sure they will come out with all kinds of sets for it, but looking at this kit, about the only thing I would do is just add railings, and that is a nice inexpensive generic item. But just looking at this ship makes one stare in awe. I especially like the clear bridge section, that is large enough to add a couple of figures behind to show off to your buds with a magnifying glass, now how cool would that be?
 _GOTOTOP