_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
MSW Today - Sept. 3
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 04:16 AM UTC

Goooood Morning Model Shipwrights. It's Monday. Happy Labor Day!

It's a humid 80°F here at the news desk with a high in the upper 80s. It looks like we may be getting some rain a little later on today.

College football kicked off it’s 2007 season this weekend. How did your favorite teams do? Here are a few notable scores for our crewmates.
LSU 45, Mississippi State 0
Florida Int. 0, Penn State 59
Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32
Navy 30, Temple 19
Colorado State 28, Colorado 31
Western Carolina 6, Alabama 52
Portland State 12, McNeese State 35
Lock Haven 0, VMI 20

If you would like the news desk to post the scores from your favorite team, send me a pm.

Let's take a look at what's new around MSW.

SOTQ #2
Ahoy mates!. SOTQ #2 is here! We have some great sponsors that have supplied some awesome prizes, so click the link and enlist!
SOTQ #2

Great White Fleet Installment 134
Sean Ford (Fordboy) is back with installment #134 in the Great White Fleet report. The fleet arrives in Australia. Click on over and read more about it.
GWF #134

1/700 Bay Class Frigate
Rui Matos (skipper) is scratch building a 1/700 Bay class frigate as a break from some other projects. This is a beautiful build. Surf on over and check it out.
Bay class frigate.

Digital Navy Free Download
Mark R. Smith (Gunny) post a link to Digital Navy’s card model website. They’re a great free kit download offered. Not into card models? Then use it as a pattern a scratch build it out of styrene!

Digital Navy

Crewmate Sound Off
Now is the time in which you can share your news and views. Give us the poop on you latest builds and future projects. Share with us your weekend adventures. We all what to know what you did this weekend. So, sound off mates!

And finally, news on our youngest crewmate, Lil’ Gator. As of yesterday he is staph free and is now on the seven day countdown to re-inserting the shunt system. He is in great spirits and is giggling and making new friends. Renee has arranged for him to have music therapy everyday to give him a little distraction from laying in the bed. The entire neurosurgery staff is making sure that he can say “No Way Jose” very clearly when his neurosurgeon, Dr. Jose Bermudez, comes back from vacation. He’s looking at coming home at the end of next week.

That's all for now from the news desk. Remember, if you can't get to your bench and build, at least you can talk about it.

Later...Gator
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 05:55 AM UTC
You forgot ...

South Carolina State 3 AIR FORCE 34 Go Falcons.

Didn't get to watch the game as our satellite system doesn't carry the Mountain channel that has all the Mountain West Conference games. We've got a Tennis channel, and three game channels that never have any games on them, and who knows how many PPV channels, but no Mountain channel to watch my beloved Falcons play.

No work done on any floaty things, but I did get some more work done on my DML Operation Cobra Sherman. It's actually starting to look like a tank. I got it airbrushed, and I've started on the figures, which are never my strong suit. Once I'm done with the tank I'll go back to work on The Sullivans.

Oh, and it's a VERY humid, for us, 80 degrees here right now. After this I get to go out and till up 1200 sq ft of back yard so I can get grass planted out there. Yippee.

redshirt
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 270 posts
Model Shipwrights: 154 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 06:13 AM UTC
No models this weekend. The home inspection turned up a lot of problems. If the owner doesn’t want to fix them then it’s back to square one. I have half a mind to unpack my model stuff. On a side note, I have my Grand Uncle (89) started on his first model a Guillow’s balsa and tissue B-25.

Gator I am glad to hear lil’Gator is doing better, long may it last.
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 06:26 AM UTC
Hi Kenny, don't know much about American football so will make no comments there, however spent the weekend at a model show 'Medway Show 2007' where there was one club member who had 3 6x3 tables to himself and covered them with 1/700 ships also in the competition area a scratch built 1/600 Ark Royal was entered. No photo's due to my mishap with my camera

I also picked up a 'Highly Commended' in the competition with my 1/72 CV-33 tankette (my first competition entry) and made a purchase of the Trumpeter 1/144 Gato
While at the show I assembled 5 x 1/144 aircraft which are now ready for paint.

Ciao
Luciano
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 07:33 AM UTC
Hey All,

Spent the weekend working. The nuclear plant is going into a refueling outage so that means alot of overtime and not many days off......it will be a long 2 months.

Today I finished one of the torpedo tubes for my vosper and I also finished the depth charges for it. So I had so bench time.
Plasticat
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 448 posts
Model Shipwrights: 135 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 07:37 AM UTC
Thanks for the update on Lil Gator!
It is good to hear how well he is doing.

Still slowly getting my modeling area put back together. My immediate project is getting my paint booth vented to the outside world.

edit: Oh yeah, The Boise State Broncos continued their undefeated season last year with a win over Weber State 56 to 7. That puts us at 14 games in a row undefeated. And of course I have to bring up the Fiesta bowl where we beat Oklahoma back in January..... Gotta love it!

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 07:41 AM UTC
Still working the itty bitty on the NC. At least I'm adding the 20mm, 40mm, and all the ammo lockers and hawsers to he main deck. Started working the 5 inch brass guns into the fixtures. So far I have managed to break 2 micro drill bits at the cost of 10 tubes mouted. Luckily they are only 50 cents each at Keith's store. We have a show next Saturday and as usual I work at Keith's tables. I got bad directions going to the Mastercon so I eded up at Keith's store whre I was told the show was awful. I wish I had known that Squadron was goig to open its doors and give an across the board 30 % discount, though in all honesty I don't know what I would have bought as nothing has been erleased yet here in the states

Let's see, Alabama winning and Notre Dame losing then to find out (miracle of miracles) that VMI also won. WIth no pro-football to blow it, this is only the second time since I started it....THE PERFECT FOOTBALL WEEKEND. The other part of the equation is Oakland winning and Dallas losing. Well enough yammerin....I've still got 10 more 5 inch gun mounts to drill out for the brass replacements and then I get to start laying out 20mm on the secondary deck....and I plan to bring this beheamouth (what is done) to the show next week.
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 08:48 AM UTC
I got some modeling done!!!!!!

Got a little painting and a part glued on to the PT boat. I know its about time.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 10:34 AM UTC
Hey guys, somebody would like to say hi.

I know about perfect weekends Steve. Here, the hometown high school won, McNeese (my alma mater) won as did LSU!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 11:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Ian!
Great to see ya!

No bench time the entire weekend, dreamed of it though...worked on both a new MSW feature, and took about 100 images for my next review (a cherry of a little new tug boat ) and did a heap of research on the ol' girl...

Plasticat
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 448 posts
Model Shipwrights: 135 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 03:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Lil' Gator! Now remember.....say NO WAY JOSE!!!
 _GOTOTOP