_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
New 1/350 Battleship
allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 942 posts
Model Shipwrights: 278 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 10:18 PM UTC
Hi All,
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I found this virtually by accident while googling for another subject.
http://axis-models.com/axisromamas.htm#
It look's like the site isn't completely up and running yet.
All the best
Tom
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 10:28 PM UTC
Nice stuff, Thanks for the link mate!
Definitely worth taking a closer look at....
~Gunny
1.90E_31
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Model Shipwrights: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 10:44 PM UTC
This kit is at least three years old, and has quite an interesting history of the purchasers not getting all of the parts. In fact, one of the purchasers on another site was asking if anyone had received the instructions yet. You may want to stay away from anything from this company
madwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
Model Shipwrights: 141 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 - 02:45 AM UTC
Wow, I was looking at that kit yesterday actually.

I don't know how much it costs, but if they get their instructions right and it is cheaper than the Delphis kit, I will definetely get one.
rjleake
KitMaker: 7 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 - 03:17 AM UTC
Hi further info on the Axis kit. There has been plenty of discussion about Axis for at least 3 years over at steelnavy.com. A couple of people have bought the kit and after a couple of years recieved most of the kit. I believe it's missing the photo-etch, and brass guns, maybe even the instructions. However everybody agrees it may be one of the best kits they've seen. Axis models is a one man company who I have been told gone through some serious business and personal setbacks and those who know him say he will get the missing parts and continue producing kits, I hope so! If you want to see a beautiful 1/350 Italian battleship take a look at this review from steelnavy on a Delphis models kit http://www.steelnavy.com/DelphisVVeneto.htm. Sorry for some reason I can't make it a hot link, just copy and paste. She's a beautiful kit but in the $400-500 price range.
madwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
Model Shipwrights: 141 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 - 05:44 AM UTC
Cheapest price I could find for the Delphis kit was $585 at Pacific Front hobbies. Do you know of a cheaper place?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 - 05:46 AM UTC
Such a beautiul battleship too. Alas, I think the likelyhood of this one seeing injection mass manufactured status is slim. But it is number one on my hit list of kits I wish they would do.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 - 01:48 PM UTC
Robert,

Thanks for the update on Axis. This is a great kit and it's always good to get a little behind the scenes info on a manufacturer who is having a rough go of it. It really helps set the record straight.

~Gator
 _GOTOTOP