_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Sept. 17 Weekend Wrap-up
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 11:39 PM UTC

Good Morning Model Shipwrights. It's Monday, September 17.

From the Sports Desk
Let’s take a look at this weekend in college football.
No. 2 LSU pounds Middle Tennessee 44-0
No.12 Penn State routs Buffalo 45-25
Alabama upsets No. 16 Arkansas 41-38. I watched this game. It was awesome.
Air Force comes from behind to beat TCU 20-17
Wake Forest drops Army 21-10
Ball State squeaks by Navy 34-31
My alma mater McNeese thumps I-A University of LA Lafayette 38-17. Go Pokes!
And James Madison pops VMI 45-17

Let's take a look at what's new around MSW.

SOTQ #2
Ahoy mates!. SOTQ #2 kicked off Saturday. There are going to be some very interesting subjects for this one. I personally can’t wait to see what comes off the slipways.

BFM's ATF Fleet Tug Review
Mark R. Smith (Gunny) bring us his review of Battlefleet Models 1/700 ATF Fleet Tug. If you haven’t seen one of Harry’s fine resin kits, then you need to check out this review.
http://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/forums/105739&page=1" TARGET="_blank"> BFM's ATF Fleet Tug .

1/700 Bay Class Frigate
Rui Matos (skipper) has done some more work on his awesome scratch built 1/700 Bay class frigate. This is a beautiful build. Surf on over and check it out.
Bay class frigate.

News Section Upgrade
Jim Starkweather (staff_Jim), our fearless leader, has upgraded the news section to include the latest reviews from that particular manufacturer. Check it out.

News Upgrade.

GFW Installment 144
Sean Ford (fordboy) brings us the latest installment of the Great White Fleet’s world cruise. This time post cards.

GWF Installment 144.

Crewmate Sound Off
Now is the time in which you can share your news and views. Give us the poop on you latest builds and future projects. Share with us your weekend adventures. We all what to know what you did this weekend. So, sound off mates!

On a personal note, Ian (lil’ Gator) came had his shunt re-inserted Thursday and it went great. I went to New Orleans on Friday for a supply run for Renee and Ian. The little turkey has been playing possum with his mommy that morning, but daddy found him out. He’s off IV fluids and is able to go to the playroom and is a little less stir crazy. By this time next weekend, he and Mommy will be home.

That's all for now from the news desk. Remember, if you can't get to your bench and build, at least you can talk about it.

Later...Gator
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 01:48 AM UTC
Hey Gator,
Glad to hear the good news about yer lil' one, mate...sounds like it's a downhill slide from here...as far as my weekend, had a great one, beautiful weather, fall is heading toward the Northeast of the U.S.

Bench time, none, but worked on three more fantastic looking MSW features, soon to be up for all to enjoy (hopefully!)...
~G
luke_schwaller
Visit this Community
Herat, Afghanistan
KitMaker: 25 posts
Model Shipwrights: 24 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 02:39 AM UTC
I got some work done on the Pibber this weekend. Just about everything is painted and its time for final assembly. I decided that I am not going to use the included figures in my model. I have never had a good luck with painting figures before so if anyone would like the figures from the Pibber set let me know.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 03:13 AM UTC
You kind of buried the most important sports item.

Air Force comes from behind to beat TCU 20-17

You didn't mention they were down by 17 with only 13 minutes left, came from behind, and beat a team that was clearly out of their class. Speaking of class the TCU coach showed he had none by blaming it all on his offensive coach and then forbidding his players from talking to the press. As I've said before, GO FALCONS

Also speaking of classlessness did you hear about Rutgers fans yelling obscenities at Navy? These guys are only going to be out there defending those idiots with their lives. What jerks.

Not as much bench time, as usual, as I'd like do to serious Honey Dos. Did get some more little work done on the Sherman.

Glad to hear everything is going well for Ian, Kenny.

Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 03:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You kind of buried the most important sports item.

No I didn't. LSU won.

Besides, I put you before McNeese.
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 05:35 AM UTC
Ahoy Kenny

Some progress on the mighty IJN Isuzu I have it ready to paint.

I have blown the dust of it got the paint out.

Next step this week is to spray it.

I super glued some parts on to plasticcard to ease the painting process but somehow I managed to superglue three fingers together. It was total capillary action I didnt even feel the supergle run down on to my fingers.

I also managed to superglue my wedding ring to my finger. Not a bad thing my wife said. LOL

A few anxious moments. LOL A few adult only words used LOL

Cheers

Sean
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 06:17 AM UTC
You forgot 2 other important scores. Notre Dame getting pounded yet again and Auburn losing to (HA-HA) Mississippi State.....it's an Alabama thing about those 2 schools.

Alabama trivia....There are two schools that Paul "Bear" Bryant never beat as a coach. These are major schools mind you.

As to progress. Down to a dozen or so items on the NC. Airplanes and ships boats topside, and the prop / rudder array underneath. Time to figure my next kit. Love that Gator glue man. It was great for putting that railing in. I'm doing a feature article on the build so ya'll will have to wait for pix
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 11:53 PM UTC
I’m late.

Well for starters I worked on designing a new computer desk. Now I just need to get the shop cleaned up enough to bring in 50BF of lumber.
Looking like it will be cherry but things could still change.

But I did also manage to get some modeling time in and did a little more painting on the PE boat.
 _GOTOTOP