_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Sept. 24 Weekend Wrap-Up
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:14 PM UTC

Good Afternoon Model Shipwrights. It's Monday, September 24.

From the Sports Desk
Let’s take a look at this weekend in college football.
No. 2 LSU defeats South Carolina 28-16
No.10 Penn State falls to Michigan 14-9
No. 22 Georgia squeaks by No. 16 Alabama 26-23

Checking in on the military academies,
BYU blasts Air Force 31-6
Army gets rolled by Boston College 37-17
Navy wins a thriller over Duke 46-43

And looking at alma maters
McNeese thumps Southern Utah 41-20. Go Pokes!
VMI drops it’s third straight to Lehigh 37-6

Let's take a look at what's new around MSW.

ModelX Magazine Review
Mark R. Smith (Gunny) bring us his review of the first edition of ModelX Magazine. Jeff Herne has a real winner on his hands here.

ModelX.

Tugboat Project #2
Dave Roehrle (DaveInTheHat) continues in this four part SBS series, sharing with us the second tug build of his "Davetown Diorama", with "Tugboat Project #2".
Tugboat Project #2.

USA Reviewers Wanted
Mark R. Smith (Gunny)is putting a call out for US kit reviewers for Model Shipwrights. You’re gonna want to stay logged in for more of these great opportunities.

US Reviewers.

Crewmate Sound Off
Now is the time in which you can share your news and views. Give us the poop on you latest builds and future projects. Share with us your weekend adventures. We all what to know what you did this weekend. So, sound off mates!

On a personal note, Ian (lil’ Gator) came home Friday. It’s good to have everyone under one roof.

That's all for now from the news desk. Remember, if you can't get to your bench and build, at least you can talk about it.

Later...Gator
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:44 PM UTC
Glad to hear lil Gators back home again.

Once more I didn’t get any modeling time in.
I had spare time this weekend but spent it cleaning out the shop for an upcoming project. My computer desks falling apart and I figure its time to build one.
Managed to clean out an area to store the incoming 50 board feet of lumber plus got the work bench (not modeling one) cleaned off and out (mostly) for the first time in years.

Oh well snow will be coming soon so I should have plenty of time to build then.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 - 03:17 PM UTC
Glad to hear Ian is coming home soon.

I got some painting done on The Sullivans. In her Ms 21, Navy Blue vertical surfaces , Deck blue horizontal surfaces, she's going to be pretty close mono-tone. I didn't realize how similar Navy blue and Deck blue were.

Not only is there the deadline for Leyte Gulf coming up but I hope to have her done by the Hobby Town contest next month.

Sigh Air Force got creamed. BYU is really out of their league. Denver Broncos also lost a really lousy game.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 08:21 AM UTC
Glad Ian has been released. Hopefully not to return for quite a while.

Model wise, I did finish up with the NC. Gotta add a couple of completion pix then I'll send a build article in to Rui I am going on a two day break so far as I havent gotten real motivated to start up anything. I do have an M60a2 sitting in the ready rack so that is the most likely canidate.

Football....well Bama came so close to pulling it out. Normally they are a roll over and die team when they get behind. I like this new quarterback he already gets how to do the 2 minute drill. Notre Dame lost and the Raiders won so that takes some of the sting. We draw Florida State this week...there ......so another big test for the Tide.
 _GOTOTOP