_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Best liquid mask?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 03:06 AM UTC
What do you folks think is the best liquid mask? I've used one type, that I can't remember the name of, that I really wasn't impressed with. The biggest issue is that it didn't peel off properly when I tried to remove it. I've seen ads for Mr Hobby mask, and I know there are a lot of different brands out there. Which ones have worked best for you and do you have any tricks for using?

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 05:19 AM UTC
Personally Rodge, I never use em...the only occasion that I do use a similar product is on armor subjects with "hard line" camo patterns, in which then I use good old silly putty...Tamiya masking tape is my choice of standard for all other masking operations.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 05:44 AM UTC
20 or 30 years ago I used a liquid mask. Of course I don't remembr the brand but it was kind of gummy. It worked OK. I found a bottle of Microscale Mask in my stash. But it was dried up unused. I'm getting ready to do a hard cammo on my KT and now wish I had it. I would look for a brand that you "painted on with a brush" and came off with water or peeled off. I think they work well with virtually no bleeding. Best use if you are doing a wavy pattern that really can't be dupliacted using tape
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
Model Shipwrights: 29 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 06:02 AM UTC
Roger

I get on well with humbrol Maskol, not sure if you can get it on your side of the pond, i'll post some to you if you wish - PM Me on that.

Andy
 _GOTOTOP