_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Weekend Wrap-Up ~ October 8
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 - 01:08 AM UTC

Good Morning Model Shipwrights. It's Monday, October 8.

Let's take a look at what's new around MSW.

IHP Models, HMS Starling
Mike McCabe (MikeM) beautiful HMS Starling is our new featured model. Please take a close look at this wonderfully crafted IHP Models kit and remember to leave Mike a comment.
HMS Starling.

Navy Tech
Mark Smith (Gunny) brings the latest installment of Navy Tech. Check out the Royal Netherlands Navy De Zeven Provincien Class (LCF) Air Defence and Command Frigates.
Navy Tech.

Type XXIII U-boat
Nemanja (tripko) brings us a photo update of his Type XXIII U-boat. Nemanja is doing a wonderful job with this kit. Don’t forget to let him know how you feel about it.
Type XXIII U-boat.

From the Sports Desk
Let’s take a look at this weekend in college football.
No. 1 LSU wins a thriller over Florida 28-24.
Stanford upsets No. 2 USC 24-23.
Kansas beats No. 24 Kansas State 30-24.
Alabama wins over Houston 30-24

Checking in on the military academies,
Navy was off this week. Will play Pitt on 10/10.
Army wins in overtime over Tulane 20-17
Air Force beats up on UNLV 31-14

And looking at alma maters
McNeese rolls over Texas State 41-20. Go Pokes!
VMI had a week off. Next up - Presbyterian

Crewmate Sound Off
Now is the time in which you can share your news and views. Give us the poop on you latest builds and future projects. Share with us your weekend adventures. We all what to know what you did this weekend. So, sound off mates!

That's all for now from the news desk. Remember, if you can't get to your bench and build, at least you can talk about it.

Gator
Navy52
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 26 posts
Model Shipwrights: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 - 01:33 AM UTC
Go Kansas! Rock Chalk JayHawk

-Currently slowly building Tamiya’s 1/700 Prince of Wales and Trumpeter’s 1/700 North Carolina. I have not done much since the IPMS Nationals, taking a break.

Rich
Kansas University
Class of ‘79
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 - 02:37 AM UTC
Go Falcons. Maybe they can win the Mountain West Conference, if somebody can knock off BYU,and even get to a bowl game.

Broncos stunk on ice. Worst game they've played since I've lived here.

The biggest news though is the Colorado Rockies. First ever league championship series. GO ROCKS.

I got The Sullivans painted, and her deck house and superstructure on board. She kind of looks like a ship ready to launch. Next will have to be the P.E., which I've been dreading. I hope to get it all attached during the week and start to do some of the finishing touches next weekend. I'll post pictures if my scatter brained daughter can ever remember to leave the camera at home.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 - 06:33 AM UTC
Roll Tide !!! BAck to winning again. Of course now we run into the SEC schedule with Ole Miss, Tenn, Miss State, LSU, and Auburn coming up. Rats that Notre Dame won, but I guess it was inevitable.

OK, I have continued work on my KT Porsche. I'm trying to figure the best way to do that famous Tiger Stripe version whether to go green first and add the red brown then yellow or go yellow and try to mask off.. I've got pictuers of completed kits from both sides, front, rear, and top. Still waiting for release of the Bama. All sorts of brass sets out there.

Oh, and I ended going up on the camp out. They had enough adults, just that they had less than a years experience so the Scoutmaster begged me to go. Taught firebuilding and how to use axes and hatchetts I still managed to get home on Saturday to watch the barn-burner between LSU and FLA
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 - 09:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh, and I ended going up on the camp out. They had enough adults, just that they had less than a years experience so the Scoutmaster begged me to go. Taught firebuilding and how to use axes and hatchetts.

Not to mention how to field strip an M-16, storm a defensive position and the proper deployment of an armored force in the field.

Tiger bait
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 05:39 AM UTC
Believe it or not, I teach a game that is akin to storming a defensive position. We only had 7 boys otherwise I would have. I learned it as a scout and utilized it as part of my training tactics while in the Army. We called it "Flashlight Commandoes". Set up a flag on a pole get five or six guys to defend it. they have to be a certain distance away. The rest try to infiltrate through to capture the flag. If they are "shot" by the flashlight they have to go back. Of course this game has to be played at night with little to no moonlight and mainly in a field. The boys love it....as did the soldiers
 _GOTOTOP