_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
LINK
2007 Tokyo Releases
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 06:45 AM UTC
http://www.sembado.com/photo/2007t_pts/index.htm

This was posted over in the Armor boards but it had some nce ship realted items, so I thought I might post it here.

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 09:28 AM UTC
Hi Jim

Well, you have done a good job!
Some very interesting photos - although I've heard about the new items, it's always nice to see them.
Good 1/700 subjects and a new batch of 1/350 IJN models
Also good to see the italeri MTSM and Maiale builds

Thanks for sharing it

Skipper
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 11:20 AM UTC
I'll tell you what, those pix of the Maya and Chokai make it awful hard to resisit picking up one of those.....even at $105 a pop. I've also seen a lot of closeups of that Hasegawa 350 scale Nagato and that is overwhelming. I think all those brass pictures that followed were for a Lionroar super PE set. Be great if that is the way the ship came though.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 03:01 PM UTC
Oh man, I can feel my will power fading even as we speak. So many goodies, so little time, and money, and space, and forbearance from SWMBO.

Is that a 1/350 Kongo I see? That's going to send me to library, ah loo, to check my BB and BC book to see what differences would be between Kongo and Hei to show her as she went up against the Trumpy San Fran.

That Nagato and those two cruisers are fantastic. Now to just have some US and British BBs and CAs to give them something to shoot at? In 1/350 of course. Tamiya, add some steroids to the Repulse and come out with it in a fit scale for men to model. (paraphrase from Errol Flynn's Robin Hood)

Another 1/350 Bismarck, yawn.

The Richelieu looks very nice.

For my armor side those French troops, in actual fighting poses, the Priest, the M5A1, and the Tasca M4A1 are all great.

I will break down and get myself one really nice goodie to put under the tree this Christmas. Wonder if any of these will be out by then?
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 11:27 PM UTC
The Nagato was very nice. Its no where close to my area of interest, but it could be very easily. The French troops are on my list to add. They will go along with my early war theme I have been building on the armor side.

Some of the other ships make it tough to so no to.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 06:52 AM UTC
Rodger...that is not a Kongo class. It is the Nagato class with a super PE set which I surmise is from Lionroar as they include main gun tubes in those. The Kongo's had 2 smoke stacks and the rear 2 main gun turrets were spread far apart from each other and the Fuso's and Ise's had 6 turrets. It kinda gave me pause too as the Pagoda looked rather high for a Nagato in some of those pix. I see our friends at dragon have seen fit to release another Tiger 1 and KIng Tiger. I wonder what makes these so special. Probably the inclusion of some neat little goodie to get folks to buy yet another of the same kit . The only thing I saw in Armor that was special is that Tamiya had a new 35th scale kit out. I believe this is their first IS-2. NOt that I needed one, but it is good to see them still adding to that venue.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 11:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rodger...that is not a Kongo class. It is the Nagato class with a super PE set which I surmise is from Lionroar as they include main gun tubes in those. The Kongo's had 2 smoke stacks and the rear 2 main gun turrets were spread far apart from each other and the Fuso's and Ise's had 6 turrets. It kinda gave me pause too as the Pagoda looked rather high for a Nagato in some of those pix.

参考出品ながら1/350金剛クラスの船体を展示。IJN BC Kongo(Sample only)

Uh Steve I don't read Japanese too well but doesn't 1/350 mean 1/350 scale and IJN BC Kongo mean IJN BC Kongo? Sorry, I couldn't resist. I think I can spot the differences between the two classes pretty well. Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs.
Harry_at_BFM
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 594 posts
Model Shipwrights: 556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 11:56 AM UTC
Hi All,

One of my customers in Japan sent me this link today, tons of photos's from the show:
http://www.aikishugyo.dnsdojo.org/JMS2007/
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 12:47 PM UTC
Hi Harry

Thanks for sharing
Need to get some space clear

A very good ship sellection - I like the Fine Molds Ko-hyoteki versions (Perl Harbour and Sidney Harbour) and the inclusion of a torpedo is a very nice touch! I wish I had one (actually two) for my 1/35 versions (well, I can always scratchbuilt them )
Apart from the already mentioned releases, I am curious with the 1/350 Akitsushima (seaplane tender) and also the Fujimi's Army Submarines

Skipper
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 - 01:38 PM UTC
That HMS Sheffield looks nice as well. If I ever start to hang out on teh aircraft board my wife is really going to throw a fit.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 - 02:49 PM UTC
Rodger:

I flat missed it. I was looking at the Hasegawa Nagato and all those pix of the brass kit. I finally scrolled down and caught the Kongo from FUJIMI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a new player. Well, it looks like 2008 ill be the best year ever with so many of these companies going to large scale. Still predominantly Japanese, But one should still be excited over any brand new warship in 350 scale. We now have Trumpeter, Aoshima, Hasegawa, and Fujimi making new stuff. Maybe Revell might decide to add something other than a Tirpitz to their line. A Graf Spee or Hipper class or one of the twins. Me being the BB guy , well I'm in 7th heaven I feel that I'll see a Littoriio in the next couple of years.
 _GOTOTOP