_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Weekend Wrap-up - 10/22/07
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 12:46 AM UTC

Good Morning Model Shipwrights. It's Monday, October 22, 2007.
It was a wonderful weekend here and I hope you had a pleasant weekend in your part of the world.

Let's take a look at what’s happening with the SOTQ entries.

SOTQ#2 - ARA Comandante General Zapiola
Mike McCabe (MikeM) is progressing quite nicely with his wonderful little 1/700 tug. Check in on his progress and don’t forget to leave a comment.
Mike’s entry.

SOTQ #2 Battleship Orel
Frank (wildspear) is really coming along with his impressive 1/350 Russian battleship. Visit his blog and let him know what you think about his entry.
Frank’s entry.

ALSL, United Kingdom
Mark R. Smith (Gunny) is back with another installment of ”Naval Tech”. This time we look at the UK’s Bay Class Auxiliary Ship Alternative Landing Ship Logistic (ALSL).
ALSL, United Kingdom.

New 1/72 Submarines
From the news department, Lindberg is releasing two 1/72 Imperial Japanese Navy submarines next year. Take a look at these interesting kits.
News article.

From the Expanded Sports Desk
Let’s take a look at this weekend in college football.
In the top 5…
No. 1 Ohio State squeaks by Michigan State 24-17.
No. 2 South Florida loses to Rutgers 30-27.
No. 3 Boston College was off this weekend.
No. 4 Oklahoma was unimpressive against Iowa State 17-7.
And upstart No. 5 LSU wins in a last minute thriller over SEC rival Auburn 30-24.

The new AP poll looks like this…
Ohio State ~ 8-0
Boston College ~ 7-0
LSU ~ 7-1
Oklahoma ~ 7-1
Oregon ~ 6-1

And BCS rankings #1 are…
Ohio State
Boston College
LSU
Arizona State
Oregon

Elsewhere…
Alabama pounds Tennessee 41-17.
No. 13 Kansas wins over Colorado 19-14.
25 Kansas State loses to Oklahoma State 41-39.

Checking in on the military academies,
Navy is sunk by Wake Forest 44-24.
Georgia Tech rolls past Army 34-10.
Air Force wins over Wyoming 20-12.

And looking at alma maters
You news writer’s alma mater McNeese continues it’s march to an SLC championship with a win over conference rival Nicholls State 28-7. Go Pokes!
Gardner-Webb beat VMI 36-22.

In MLB League Championship Series…
Colorado will face Boston in the World Series.

Game 1: ROCKIES @ RED SOX 10/24, 8:00 PM ET
Game 2: ROCKIES @ RED SOX 10/25, 8:00 PM ET
Game 3: RED SOX @ ROCKIES 10/27, 8:00 PM ET
Game 4: RED SOX @ ROCKIES 10/28, 8:00 PM ET
Game 5: RED SOX @ ROCKIES 10/29, TBD
Game 6: ROCKIES @ RED SOX 10/31, TBD
Game 7: ROCKIES @ RED SOX 11/1, TBD

In the Rugby World Cup…
South Africa won its second Rugby World Cup by beating defending champion England 15-6.

Crewmate Sound Off
Now is the time in which you can share your news and views. Give us the poop on you latest builds and future projects. Share with us your weekend adventures. We all what to know what you did this weekend. So, sound off mates!

That's all for now from the news desk. Remember, if you can't get to your bench and build, at least you can talk about it.

Gator
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 01:32 AM UTC
My weekend was boring, my mother was here and I spent time with her. She brought some good sweet corn down for me to enjoy as well as some of her backed itmes. Spent Saturday in Helen Ga, home fo the worlds longest October Fest. She left Sunday morning.

I did take a hike in the woods and took some pictures with my new camera. I forgot it is deer season, but I had on a bright t-shirt.

Sunday evening I did get to spend some time on my OT-26 flame tank for a campaign on the Armor site. Also got a chance to do some research for my up coming DDG-995 build here.

You forgot the NASCAR race, Jimmie Johnson won and Jeff Gordon was 4th. He trails Gordon now by 53 points.

Illinois, lost to Michigan. My poor hapless Dolphins.

Ummmmm, I think thats all.

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 01:35 AM UTC
Spend some time on my USS Cassin for Leyte Gulf Campaign
Photos soon as it is almost ready for painting

I guess I will finish it in time
Skipper
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 02:49 AM UTC
Go Rockies!

I may really regret saying this but I almost prefer them facing the Red Sox as the city of Cleveland is certainly due for a World Champion and I'd feel a bit guilty rooting for the Rocks over them. Boston on the other hand has had their fling, now it's Colorado's time.

The best thing about Air Force beating Wyoming is my traitorous daughter went to the game along with her boy friend who went to Wyoming. Like a Lemming she was there to root for the Cowboys. I thought I raised her better. If I could have I would have texted her, "too bad so sad."

Got a little bit more done on The Sullivans for Leyte Gulf. I still hope to get it done in time. I managed to feed the carpet monster with several more pieces of P.E. and plastic. You'd think that bright brass would show up against a dark green rug well enough to find it. I think there is a direct correlation by how expensive, and hard to replace, a part is and how far it will fly when dropped.

MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 03:40 AM UTC
Got to do some work on my Tamiya 1/350 Fletcher, which has been sitting around without PE railings for quite a while now. I've got the bridge and the "superstructure" railed, it's now onto the main deck. Once the railings are on, she'll pretty much be done, expect for hull numbers and rigging.

Also broke out the airbrush and did some more work on the Skywave 1/700 Maya I'm supposed to be building for the Leyte Gulf campaign...I don't see her being finished by Thursday.

I'll be rooting for the Red Sox to win the World Series. Nothing against the Rockies, but a Sox win would cause the most angst for Yankee fans. Ah, life can be tough when your a bitter Mets fan. At least the NY Football Giants are on a roll!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 08:51 AM UTC
Beating Tennessee like that was sweet. It shows that Alabama is starting to finally find itself. I know the boys enjoyed their traditional cigars. This helps because next up is big bad LSU. We've got some momentum going, it is a home game and we've got Saban. Bound to be another barn burner. BOth teams have this week off, so tune in on 3 Nov !!! Notre Dame lost as did Cal (revenge on my dad for years of cheering against Bama). Pro ball, I guess I'll have to accept that the Cowboys are going to have a really good season this year and now all the "woodwork" fans are coming out. Those are the ones that only like the team if they are winning. The little blue star stickers are showing up on all the pickup trucks.

Started work on my Bergepanzer Tiger (P) after that, I'll probaly hit another ship or boat. This is my 3rd tank in a row. Weather turned cold today. I guess it is finally fall. Highs in the mid 50's as opposed to 86 yesterday.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 08:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The best thing about Air Force beating Wyoming is my traitorous daughter went to the game along with her boy friend who went to Wyoming. Like a Lemming she was there to root for the Cowboys. I thought I raised her better. If I could have I would have texted her, "too bad so sad."

I'm not a huge fan of Wyoming since they pitched a hissy fit and made my alma mater, McNeese State Cowboys, change their logo because it was the same.
MARPAT
Visit this Community
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 206 posts
Model Shipwrights: 101 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 01:10 PM UTC
Well This week I have continued my build of USS Lionfish from Revell dunno the scale but its around 18 inches. It is straight out of the box nothing to special about it. Worked a Concert this weekend and other then that slept as much as possible. Boarding School really isn't the best place to practice modeling but it works. Wishing Australia won the Rugby World Cup . I guess one can only keep wishing.
 _GOTOTOP