_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
UPDATE ~ RG 1/350 Bismarck Photos
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 06:29 AM UTC
Ahoy mates!

Revell Germany sends us production photos of their new 1/350 Bismarck. There is a lot of nice details here.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Gator
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 07:47 AM UTC
I have heard a lot about how great this kit is going to be. To me, the greatest thing they could do would be to detail the upper decks. The Tamiya only inscribed the main deck all others were smooth. I had to pay something like $40 to get the WEM pieces to bring out this detail. This article doesn't show me much in the way of pictures as to persuade me to get one. All things considered, If I were in the market for one and the prices were close, this would be my choice as the Tamiya is around 25 years old by now.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 05:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have heard a lot about how great this kit is going to be. To me, the greatest thing they could do would be to detail the upper decks. The Tamiya only inscribed the main deck all others were smooth. I had to pay something like $40 to get the WEM pieces to bring out this detail. This article doesn't show me much in the way of pictures as to persuade me to get one. All things considered, If I were in the market for one and the prices were close, this would be my choice as the Tamiya is around 25 years old by now.

Steve, here's a complete review of the kit (get your translator workin' )

modellversium.de
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 07:36 AM UTC
I think they could have left the molded on ladders off. No matter how well the molds are the ladders never really look right, I think it would be better to leave the molded ladders off and give us some photo etched ladders.
 _GOTOTOP