_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Where's Mine !!??
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 12:10 PM UTC
I noticed on the Armorama section folks who contribute articles are given a medal thing to show this. We should intstitute that item here as well. Whether we use the same one or a new design is immaterial. I think those that have contributed to the site deserve some recognition.
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 01:08 PM UTC
I agree with blaster, everyone like to have cudos once in awhile
MARPAT
Visit this Community
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 206 posts
Model Shipwrights: 101 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 01:56 PM UTC
yeah telling others what we have done.
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 02:48 PM UTC
Well, as we use to say on the ship,
"A bit^hing crew is a happy crew"
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 04:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I never heard that on my ship. Another saying, "A squeeky wheel gets the grease."

BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,361 posts
Model Shipwrights: 153 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 04:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I never heard that on my ship. Another saying, "A squeeky wheel gets the grease."

What ship did you serve on? - Dave is being polite, it is "a happy sailor is a bit**ing sailor "-and it is as old as scuttlebutt in the Navy. Sound like a pit snipe or an oil king.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 09:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I noticed on the Armorama section folks who contribute articles are given a medal thing to show this. We should intstitute that item here as well. Whether we use the same one or a new design is immaterial. I think those that have contributed to the site deserve some recognition.

This new feature is in the "pilot" stage at Armorama, and if successful, more than likely will be instilled in all areas of the KitMaker Network...in all actuality, the "medal thing" is a site contributor medallion, and if you hover over it with your cursor, it will state that the bearer has submitted a review, feature, build log, etc. in the past year, as an incentive for any and all site members to actively become a contributing member to KitMaker.... aside from this, I have always encouraged, and welcomed all of our members to contribute to our site's content...MSW can be your one stop modeling resource, but only with the help of everyone.

This has always been a user based/driven network, and if the members want it to continue to grow in a positive direction, then I do need all of your help...whether it be a simple 15 image MOD submission, or a 15 page full feature article, I'll take 'em all...and I'll bend over backwards happily in helping each and every member who wishes to contribute...I'm just a pm, e-mail, or a SKYPE call away...

goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 12:25 AM UTC
Being a user driven site it what makes things so great. Without the regular guy down in the trenches I doubt we would have a quarter of the great tips we have now. Just here in the shipwrights we have three different ways to do water. Over in Armor I am sure it is the same way. No one way of doing anything is helpful, so the more people share the better off everyone will be.

One thing that is for sure is the staff spends a great deal more time working to keep things running than any of us can imagine. So kudos to them and to everyone who takes part of their time to write, photograph, and even post.

Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 01:02 AM UTC
As Mark explained here, and Jim explained over on Armorama, it's a test pilot thing.
Which if it works out, will be carried to the other sites.

Here is what it is:
It's basically helps us, not cross wires, and have ten people suddenly submitting the same reviews for something new, and possibly avoid hurt feeling if something or someones submission is rejected. The idea is to work together and help each other improve our skills, our reviews, and our features. Gives us a place to discuss reviewing some of the older kits that need to be or could be reviewed, and ways to try to bring more reviews and features to the members by working together. It also allows us to keep tabs, and organize the distribution of samples in a more orderly, and timely fashion than the old system. And YES, it also gives us a place to say "YO- where's that review" without embarrassing someone in an open forum.

What it is not:
It not a bi^ching forum. And it's not a discuss other members forum.

Now be good sailors, and Holy Stone the decks.

-------- JOKE! and another lost tradition.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2007 - 07:26 AM UTC
I hope no one thought i was complaining. The title was something my exwife used to say whenever I got a new model kit or a Babaylon 5 goodie. She used it as a tease. As a multiple article contributor and reader of most I am quite aware of the effort it takes to submit one, and the profesionallism of the staff in "publishing" it for us. I just thought it was kind of nice acknowledging all those that had contibuted articles, etc and hoping that we could add that to our side of the house
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2007 - 08:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I hope no one thought i was complaining.

Steve the thought never entered my mind. I took it as an inquiry, and that an explanation was needed as to what it was, and why we started it on Armorama, and that if it works out as the staff hopes, then it would probably go to the other sites also, as already stated by Jim, in the Armorama thread.
Armorama gets the majority of the samples, and this is just another way of trying to get them out in a timely manner, to those willing or best qualified to do a certain review, and does allow us to keep much better track of the samples.
Of course this doesn't stop anyone else from submitting a review or feature, on any of their personal purchases or works, just helps to keep all the eggs in one basket.

Has everyone noticed Bill and Henks new titles? One will be handling the review submissions, the other the feature submissions along with all the other staff jobs that constantly pop up. Again to try to make things a little easier on them, and to try to move things along more smoothly.
 _GOTOTOP