_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Desperately seeking Avatar
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 01:04 PM UTC
As a pitiful land lubber in the midst of all you deck hands, I come forward and plead with you for a small favour.... I need a new avatar,... something custom,... something in tune with the fervent nautical ambience proudly displayed within this site!! (boy, can I lay it thick!)... I need one of you to make me a custom avatar, something proudly naval, preferably from pre- WW2. It can be a picture, a poster, a drawing, or CGI, it has to be square and fit the size requirements.

thanking you in advance,

Frank
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 02:18 PM UTC
Hey Frank,

How about the HMS Warspite's crest?

Kenny
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 02:43 PM UTC
That's the ticket!!! Do you have HMS Dreadnought's crest? If so... SOLD!!
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 03:11 PM UTC
Used Kenny's idea and searched a few web sites. I came across the Dreadnought's crest. It's nice, but unfortunately, it's a bit too small to read the name on the crest. I'll keep it on until I find a better option. (I feel less land lubberish already!)

Frank
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 03:45 AM UTC
Looks great Frank !! So you have finally come over to the darkside. I love my tanks and still build them, but I enjoy the ships more. My friend Keith Magee calls it the darkside, but he sure loves selling me those $100 Battleship kits.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 04:22 AM UTC
"dark side" from where I stand it would be the opposite. Part of the reason for taking a year off from modelling was to dwell on what I really wanted to do in the hobby. I had been modelling for over 20 years and had stretched myself too thin, building everything imaginable, and not being able to concentrate on one specific model for too long, I would end up not completing most of the models I started. I hope that by concentrating on ships, it will bring the fun back into modelling and remove my modellers block.

Frank
 _GOTOTOP