_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Related
Site related feedback, issues, or suggestions.
Weekend Wrap-up ~ January 21, 2008
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 02:09 AM UTC

Good Morning Shipwrights. It's Monday, January 21, 2008.
I hope that everyone had a good weekend. It was nice and cold here at the news room.

Navy Tech – DDG 1000 Zumwalt Class
Mark Smith (Gunny) brings us another installment of "MSW's Naval Technology Series", this time we focus on the USN's DDG 1000 Zumwalt Class, Multimission Destroyer.
DDG 1000 Zumwalt Class

”Model on Display” US C2 Diorama
Rob Kernaghan (RKERNAGHAN) stops by and shares with us a fine gallery of images, showing us his C2 dockside diorama in full regalia. Take a look and don’t forget to leave a comment.
US C2 Diorama

MSW Naval Trivia Contest
Bruce Miller’s (grayghost666) MSW Naval Trivia Contest is still going. Rules are simple, be the first to answer the question and you get to ask the next one. Please surf on over and join the fun!
MSW Naval Trivia Contest.

"Model On Display" HMS Bedouin
Mike McCabe (MIKEM) shares a fine gallery of images of his build, HMS Bedouin, Narvik, April 1940. Take a look and don’t forget to share a comment.
HMS Bedouin

In Review
Review ~ Dragon’s USS Pennsylvania
Jim Adams (goldenpony) gives us his thoughts and opinions of this Dragon Models Limited new release, USS Pennsylvania, BB-38 1944, in this MSW inbox review.
USS Pennsylvania

Review ~ BMK’s 1/350 16”/45 cal Brass Barrels
Kenny Loup (gator) gives us his thoughts and opinions in a three part review of BMK new releases, 1/350 16”/45 cal Brass Barrel Set, Version 1, 2 and 3 in this MSW inbox review.
USS 1/350 16”/45 cal brass barrels version 1
USS 1/350 16”/45 cal brass barrels version 2
USS 1/350 16”/45 cal brass barrels version 3

MSW Sports
Ahoy mates! With the NFL playoff season started, I figured it was time to start up the sports news again. So, here we go.

NFC Championship
At fridged Lambeau Field, the NY Giants rally past the Green Bay Packers 23-20 in overtime.

AFC Championship
The New England Patriots become the first team to go 18-0 with a 21-12 win over the San Diego Chargers.

Crewmate Sound Off
Now is the time in which you can share your news and views. Give us the poop on you latest builds and future projects. Share with us your weekend adventures. We all what to know what you did this weekend. So, sound off mates!

That's all for now from the news desk. Remember, if you can't get to your bench and build, at least you can talk about it.

Gator
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 03:21 AM UTC
Cold weekend in PA, my friend....gave me lots of time to work on site-work, reviews, features, and sending out lots of content sniffing e-mails........
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 03:53 AM UTC
Well, it was a cold, snowy, wet weekend down here in Georgia.

I did get a chance to try out Kenny’s water technique for my current ship build. For a first try the results weren’t all that bad. Also got some work done on a set of figures that have been needing some attention.

I also finished Assassin’s Creed on the 360. Watched Gunga Din, The Desert Fox, Sink the Bismark, and a couple others on TCM and AMC.

My wife was away, so I had a free time this weekend.

wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 05:01 AM UTC
Of course cold and snowy here in MI. I finished my USS consolation for the "No Guns" campaign and now I'll work on my build for the "Sisters" camaign.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 05:08 AM UTC
Commandos, Commandos, Commandos, poor light, rain and wind, and shopping

Al
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 06:28 AM UTC
I banged out those three reviews for MSW on Friday then Saturday and Sunday I worked on the Virginia and a decal project for IPMS/USA. Today was a Monday. Knocked a Coke off my desk and cut the tip off my left middle finger with an x-acto knife (insert joke here).

Gator
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 06:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I banged out those three reviews for MSW on Friday then Saturday and Sunday I worked on the Virginia and a decal project for IPMS/USA. Today was a Monday. Knocked a Coke off my desk and cut the tip off my left middle finger with an x-acto knife (insert joke here).

Gator

Sounds like you had a wonderful day thus far. I always seem to cut my left thumb, right in the middle fo the finger print.

But a day modeling is better than a day at work.

grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 11:24 AM UTC
hello all,
i am still fighting with the Airfix Stevern Class Lifeboat.if anyone is thinking about getting this kit,i give it 2 thumbs way down.so far 25% of the parts are either way to big or way to small,andd the instructions are way off.i am also working on some reviews on kits and books.
for the past 2 days been under the weather,should get well soon.i hope.
on Aeroscale,getting a Seaplane/Flying Boat campaign starting for winter of 2009,so any of the ship builders might want to take a look.it might be fun.
cheers,
to all,
Bruce
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 12:02 PM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates

In contrast its the height of summer here in little ol'New Zealand.

No modelling as such but spent time getting the GWT instalments back on track.

Cheers

Sean
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 01:13 PM UTC
Here in the Frozen North, as I long for the warm sultry days of Louisiana or anywhere south of Kansas and semi-tropical, I spent the weekend painting and assembling. I've been working off and on with the Savannah and have shot a coat of white on her hull and in the process found some spots that need some more work. I also have been working on an M1A1 as well as 1/72 Connie Super G. The rest of the time I've spent trying to stay warm. The wind chill this morning was minus 10. The high was a blistering 16...

Gator, you got the spare room made up?
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 03:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gator, you got the spare room made up?

Yep. Come on down.
 _GOTOTOP