_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
INCOMING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 09:04 AM UTC
I just found out my LHS did not pick up a kit of the Bama like I thought. I checked a couple of the shop websites to see if it was indeed out. There it was on Great Models and what is this..... IT IS ON SALE FOR $95 !!!!!!!!!!

$7.50 shipping so a great deal all around. They have tons of Trumpeter 350 scsle stuff on sale. If you have a hankerin to get some of those Chinese DD's and suh they were running less than $10 a pop. I didn't look what all they had because after the Bama, who cares (well, actually I have everything that I want from them so far)

Of course as my grandmother used to say "Lord love a duck" if my unemployment is denied or I don't find a job REAL soon. Of course the Government has been kicking around the idea of giving us each $500 to "stimulate the economy....I guess I did my part to help Utah out
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 09:49 AM UTC
They also have the 1/350 Sara and Tico carriers for sale.

Nice of them to drop prices like this.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 11:07 PM UTC
That's great news, Steve!

AND, if you so desire, we could sure use a detailed inbox review of the kit when you get one in your hands, and if you really want to, a full build feature.........whadaya say?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 04:41 AM UTC
I had planned to do a build article incorporating the YKM set and the BMK gun tubes that Mark and Kenny are sending me. I am loath to do a kit review because I know nothing on the actual ship other than I've been to Mobile to see it and a little of the HIstory. The experts are much better to tell what is up with the kit problems with accuracy and all that. Me, all I could do is look at the sprues and say if the moldings came out crisp and flash free. Doing a build is another thing as I know what is hard to do and what goes together well. So expect a build article from me on it .
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 04:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So expect a build article from me on it .

Sounds like a plan to me!
Looking forward to it, Steve.......
 _GOTOTOP