_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
Great Models and the Nagato
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 08:20 AM UTC
Right now Great Models is having a sale on the Hasegawa 350 Nagato for around $142. My finances are in transition right now now. But, I should be getting my tax refund in a couple and I am working a decent job at decent wages so in 3 or 4 weeks I could afford to get it. Of course likelyhood is it won't be on sale or they'll be out of stock. So what the heck, I sent an eamil asking if they could be so kind as to set one aside for me and hold it at current price and that if something bad happens and I ca't buy it that they won't charge me.

Got an email from Stephanie and of course they will be happy to do this. This is the kind of service i would expect from my good buddy Keith's store, but I am getting it from a major operator. This is why I love stores like Great Models and Lucky model because these folks will almost always go that extra mile for thier customers. They know that we are their lifeblood and service to them is more that just a catch phrase. So if you live stateside my recommendation is check out Great MOdels first and foremost. They are always having great deals, and as I have expressed many times over the past 5 years. I have gotten 100% pf what i have ordered. When I have had a question or a problem, I have always gotten a response back.

And, I am already flipping out that I will be able to get that Nagato, now to figure how to get PE for it without breaking the bank. Generic railing and maybe Tom's I'll just go ahead and make a nice set at a reasonable price.
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:22 AM UTC
Yeah, I agree with you Steve, they're really great folks. A few weeks ago I placed an order for three items and they had two, so they placed the 3rd one on back order. After a week or so, I decided that I wanted them to go ahead and ship the other two items and rather than wait for the back order, I was able to find the 3rd item at another place. Naturally, as SOON as I placed the order at the other store, the GM website tracker indicated that they'd located the item and it would be in about a week or so.

They were VERY understanding when I called them on the phone to cancel, saying they were sure they could sell the item anyway.

The other items I ordered came in just fine. They're a real treat to deal with, very understanding, good on line inventory control, and usually about the cheapest.

I love dealing with them, and they're usually my first stop when I'm looking. (And I seldom need a SECOND stop!!)

Tom
tuff13
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 144 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 07:08 AM UTC
I agree with you Steve on GreatModels ..Ive been ordering from GreatModels for about 2 Years!!!! I love there service and there great deals and pricing !!!!!! Jeff
 _GOTOTOP